Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello from the East Midlands
5 April 2014, 00:40,
Hello from the East Midlands
Hello, this is Sly saying hi from a town in the East Midlands. I have been an avid reader of the forum for a while and have decided to join in.

I am married with a young family, and like 25% of the UK population, live in a Victorian terrace. I share my town with 100,000+ other individuals or 'the competition' as I like to call them. The rucksack I've kept loaded in the car for 20 yrs for short notice trips to the UK's wild places turns out to be a BOB, who knew?

I've never considered myself a prepper, more a good boy scout. I try to be prepared for anything. The house is secure and I have enough food/fuel/water to last 3-4 wks without stepping outside the front door. As most new fathers would agree, my view of the world changed the day my first child was born. It was 2011 and coincided with the London riots. All of a sudden I am a lot more interested in protecting my family from all eventualities. I see it as insurance, underwriting my own future rather than relying on others. So here's to hoping for the best but planning for the worst.
“In the long history of humankind those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed” Charles Darwin
5 April 2014, 05:58,
RE: Hello from the East Midlands
Hello from Buxton, being an avid reader you'll know what to expect from the site, look forward to your contribution.
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
5 April 2014, 06:59,
Hello and welcome sly from south wales.
5 April 2014, 09:36,
Hello and welcome to the forum, from the South West....land of the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 April 2014, 10:32,
hello and welcome from norfolk
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
5 April 2014, 10:54,
Hello and Welcome from Chester. Sounds like you have a good solid base to build on.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin