Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Luggage Question
5 April 2014, 19:21,
Luggage Question
Just wondering as to what sort of luggage systems folks are using aside from conventional rucksacks, EG if I have to go some place in a suit my EDC/GHB gear goes into a cordura attaché case.

I have seen a few folks using those ubiquitous barrel tote bags which are tubular and usually have carrying handles and a single shoulder strap.
I like the look of them but so far have not seen one made of decent quality materiel. Nylon zips, single stitching, no re-enforcements etc.

Has anyone got a high quality tote bag or any other interesting piece of luggage ?

6 April 2014, 03:26,
RE: Luggage Question
I use a cordura pack by Eagle Creek which can be converted from an internal frame backpack, to a wheeled piece of luggage with carry handle and telescoping tow bar, which looks like any other piece of luggage at the airport. A similar unit commonly used by commercial airline crews is the Delsey Flight Weight.

I got away from using my military issue kit, wanting a smaller bag which did not stand out in the crowd.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
6 April 2014, 11:01,
S13 had a good idea ....sled/trolly to carry stuff , bit off subject NR but worth putting it here.......made mine......pics will come....hang on in there!
6 April 2014, 11:23,
I've got a plain black backpack I could use if I wanted to be unnoticed, but I don't like carrying bags using my hands I would prefer to have my hands free at all times....just in case.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 April 2014, 12:09,
What about something like this, though not cheap:

http://www.marksandspencer.com/leather-h.../p22285329
6 April 2014, 13:20, (This post was last modified: 6 April 2014, 13:28 by NorthernRaider.)
Dev, that's exactly the STYLE I mean but I was thinking more along the lines of abrasion resistant HD 1000 denier Cordura, something that will hold your gear safe but be tough enough to get flung about in the back of your vehicle etc.

Sum fink like this is appealing
http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.ph...ts_id=7020

6 April 2014, 15:41,
If you have a well made suit, it should have been tailored for you to carry your stuff in without looking bulky. As an example, if you go to a fitting and they ask you to take your wallet out of your pocket...LEAVE! They'll make a suit for someone without a wallet, just as an example. Please don't get caught up on the wallet thing.

My suits can happily carry my torch, a couple of knives and the alike. I'm in a suit every day at work, and I ALWAYS have my knife in one pocket and torch in the other. That aside, I simply carry things in the car, other than my keys of course. A wedge of cash and a card do not take up much space.

There really isn't that much more you'd need to carry. Unless you expect TS to HTF while you're out and about, in which case, you probably should smile that you have legs and already have a waterproof jacket with you. If you don't have good shoes and a waterproof jacket, then you have nothing! If you have at least those 2 items, you're pretty much good to take on a hell of a trek.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 April 2014, 22:31,
Sorry NR I'm the most un techy person you will meet so I haven't figured out how to do links but there is a place near me called soldier of fortune and they have a fantastic selection of these kind of mil spec bags in there online store from £20 to £150...they come up on the first page of a google search... you need to look in shop military then rucksacks,bags and accessories Big Grin
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
6 April 2014, 22:47,
Ta muchly mo, I tend to buy a lot of my gear in the US whenever I or Mrs NR goes to the US, mainly cos ts cheaper Smile

7 April 2014, 09:46,
You could try something like this NR.

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/prod...ting+Bag+/

Made for shooting, but plain enough to use in a city without looking to "classy" and being a target itself. Not too pricey either.

I bought a couple of similar Deerhunter ones from the clearance section a while back, pretty strong. Keep a eye on the clearance section, you can pick up some end of line/out of season bargains.
Still Learning!