Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elite Survival Training...?
7 April 2014, 12:48,
Elite Survival Training...?
Hi all. Has anyone ever been out with these guys? Thinking of trying them out.
elitesurvivaltraining.com
7 April 2014, 12:59,
RE: Elite Survival Training...?
That's bushcraft and wilderness survival, a handy set of skills but not survivalism or prepping Smile

7 April 2014, 13:01,
Looks to be more child-focused to me?

Get yourself on BCUK, and go to one of the many meets that are hosted all around the country. You'll learn more from one of those meets than you will from one of these courses...
7 April 2014, 13:12,
I've just had a quick check. Really doesn't look that impressive. Not sure what you'd plan to learn from them that you couldn't learn through trial and error in your own garden, to be fair.

BM is right. Looks like it's for kids.

NR is not right. Bushcraft and surivival is a handy skillset of prepping and survivalism.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 April 2014, 13:20,
NR IS right, camping and bushcraft have nothing to do with prepping and survivalism.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 April 2014, 13:20,
(7 April 2014, 13:12)Scythe13 Wrote: NR is not right. Bushcraft and surivival is a handy skillset of prepping and survivalism.

Yeah, strange comment that. Bushcraft and wilderness survival not survivalism or prepping? Huh

Still, each to their own...

I've looked into a few of these types of places, most of them appear to be complete tosh for a shit-load of money. The only one's I've seen that look like they're worth the dosh are the ones where you get shipped to Norway for a week to do CQB drills and live fire, along with a week in the UK and a week somewhere warm. Cost was well into the thousands, but you do get certain qualifications for personal protection/body guard work.
7 April 2014, 13:22,
(7 April 2014, 13:20)bigpaul Wrote: NR IS right, camping and bushcraft have nothing to do with prepping and survivalism.

WHAT?!?! I'm starting a new thread about this, as I don't want to derail this one.
7 April 2014, 15:54,
Thanks guys, well I just thought I'd ask as it's quite close to me. I guess if it is kid friendly I could go with my son, break the summer school holidays up a bit!
7 April 2014, 16:21,
(7 April 2014, 15:54)Razoromero Wrote: Thanks guys, well I just thought I'd ask as it's quite close to me. I guess if it is kid friendly I could go with my son, break the summer school holidays up a bit!

That's cool. He'd probably enjoy it, and it's a cool way to get him out and about more.

You can practice loads of skills together, gardening, fishing, hunting, and things like that.

A kid is a perfect excuse to get out and about, plus it's good practice for you too.

Have you thought about taking him camping?

One awesome thing you can do, look into making a debris hut in your garden, go out and get yourself a rabbit, then butcher the rabbit and use primitive cooking to make up a nice rabbit meal. Great fun.
7 April 2014, 23:07, (This post was last modified: 7 April 2014, 23:46 by Razoromero.)
Hi S13, yeah having a son makes it so much easier to be a big kid yourself, hehe. We went camping a couple of years ago which was fun but I think he was a bit too young to appreciate it. Now he's 8 going on 9 he'd get stuck in a bit more so we'll head out again during the holidays. I showed him some different ways to make a fire in the garden and he thought it was "sick, man!"

(7 April 2014, 12:59)NorthernRaider Wrote: That's bushcraft and wilderness survival, a handy set of skills but not survivalism or prepping Smile

Hi NR, well it does say "Bushcraft, Wilderness Survival and Camping related discussions." at the link to this bit of the forum so I figured it's the best place to post my query.