Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Tip #4
7 April 2014, 12:55,
Quick Tip #4
When you've been hiking and you have lovely wet boots, stuff them with newspaper to dry them out quickly.

Alternatively, if you're out and about in the woods, you can easily enough get 2 sticks and shove the sticks into the ground. Place your boots upside-down over the sticks, so the sticks go where you'd put your feet. You want to make it so that the lowest part of the boots are at least 2 inches above the ground.

This allows your boots to hand upside down and drip dry over night. This is especially useful if your tent has a porch section, or your tent is super small.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
7 April 2014, 12:59,
RE: Quick Tip #4
(7 April 2014, 12:55)Scythe13 Wrote: When you've been hiking and you have lovely wet boots, stuff them with newspaper to dry them out quickly.

Alternatively, if you're out and about in the woods, you can easily enough get 2 sticks and shove the sticks into the ground. Place your boots upside-down over the sticks, so the sticks go where you'd put your feet. You want to make it so that the lowest part of the boots are at least 2 inches above the ground.

This allows your boots to hand upside down and drip dry over night. This is especially useful if your tent has a porch section, or your tent is super small.

Yup. If you're in a location where you get scary creepy-crawlies (shit that'll bite you) then this is a good idea to make sure nowt sneaks in your boots ready to bite your toes when you put your boots on.
7 April 2014, 23:31,
RE: Quick Tip #4
Modern walking socks wick moisture away really well so use that and wring your socks out every 20 minutes or so. If I've soaked my boots crossing a stream I can usually get them dry again in just over an hour by the sock wringing method. Always save the dry socks for camp at night and put the damp ones back on in the morning (or when your gloves blow away)
“In the long history of humankind those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed” Charles Darwin