the crime rate
the threat of nuclear war
the threat of EMP
corruption in the government
stupidity on the motorways
peak oil
climate change
Monsanto and genetic engineering

My survival planning still revolves around the fact that due to the weather, the cycle of seasons, Mother Nature and all the pagan and Christian recommendations, the garden must be planted next week.

Eventually, all prepping boils down to planting the right thing at the right time.
3 May 2014, 17:08, (This post was last modified: 3 May 2014, 17:09 by Lightspeed.)
RE: In Spite of..
Hope that whichjever gods you worship smile on you, and that it all goes to plan Mortblanc Big Grin
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

3 May 2014, 17:58,
Yes MB. But its great to get out on the patch.....tolling away...and watching your efforts grow! The best of all , eating all that fresh n tasty produce......one of my traditions every year is to wait for my runner beans to be about 6 ins long, I pick it ....sit in my plastic chair between the greenhouse and the raised bed and eat the bugger whilst looking over the valley......just like my grandfather did ....one of many life pleasures , Enjoy my friend.
3 May 2014, 19:20,
Couldn't agree more, MB. So many of life's pleasures originate in the garden as far as I'm concerned. Just waiting with baited breath for the first strawberries....
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
4 May 2014, 06:19,
Here is a little challenge I enjoy now and again, not as often as I would like, but gives me great pleasure when I do, is to sit down to a meal with family and friends having grown, produced, foraged and hunted everything that is in the meal. If that includes the alcohol too then bonus Smile
4 May 2014, 08:29,
I couldn't agree more. Getting out and growing your own is a joy.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart