Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
taking leadership
9 April 2014, 11:57,
RE: taking leadership
In my opinion the best leaders show no remorse , they make the call , wether its a good or bad outcome they just push on and don't dwell on shit...I'm not saying stuff doesn't bother them its just you as the subordinates don't ever get to see it.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
9 April 2014, 12:50,
(9 April 2014, 11:57)Midnitemo Wrote: In my opinion the best leaders show no remorse , they make the call , wether its a good or bad outcome they just push on and don't dwell on shit...I'm not saying stuff doesn't bother them its just you as the subordinates don't ever get to see it.

This is how it is at work for me now, not puffing myself up, but I do manage a small group. Telling someone they just lost their job is never fun. Post event if we end up in a group I would not want the responsibilty. My family is enough to worry about.

Not really interested in being led by the nose by someone else either. I too fancy myself an amateur historian and find that most natural leaders are despots and simply have their own best interests in mind.

I dont have all the answers but see a structure once the dust settles whereas individuals are responsible for certain things with helpers (like cooking, security, sanitation, food procurement/production, etc) Depending on the size of the group there could be like a council of elders where each family gets one representative with one vote, or if a smaller group every adult gets a say. There would have to be some kind of council leader though to get things done.
10 April 2014, 09:30,
Watched the TV program last night about the Royal Marine convicted of murder whilst in theatre.....whilst I feel he was caught bang to rights doing something he knew he shouldn't , I in his shoes would have done the same thing , he messed up by taking the enemy alive in the first place and rather than compound that mistake and put more ISAF lives and resources at risk he took the hard choice as squad leader on his own shoulders and slotted the insurgent , hero or villain(hero to me) his biggest sin in my mind was letting the footage exist after they got back in......I think he showed the very best of what a leader has to be...brave , ruthless in the face of adversity , caring of his charges , decisive .......I'm not godly but I am praying today that this man gets released.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
10 April 2014, 10:02, (This post was last modified: 10 April 2014, 10:08 by NorthernRaider.)
He was a well intended idiot, if you are going to do " the right thing" in a world full of compensashun lawyers, do gooders, yuman rights lawyers and lefties then remember to turn off your helmet camera. For every good and right deed theres 500 lefties and lawyers waiting to condemn you for it.

Have you ever wondered by British SFers don't allow media or cameras with them on special ops even though thy normally have their faces covered ??. our brave warriors and troop commanders not only face death at the hands of the enemy, but the destruction of their lives and careers back a=home at the hands of civilian lawyers and do gooders, but also betrayal by their own officers in the cases of the SAS Sgt imprisoned for bringing a pistol home, the young para for shooting at a stolen car that tried to run them down right back to the Paras on Bloody Sunday 1972 being prosecuted by the same fucking scumbag politcians who invited Martin Mcguinness to Buck House last night for a banquet. The lads on the front cannot rely on anyone cept themselves, the soldier no matter how right he was should have turned off the helmet cam.