Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The spectre of 1932
31 December 2011, 01:24, (This post was last modified: 31 December 2011, 01:26 by mikebratcher69.)
The spectre of 1932
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...k-Age.html

The spectre of 1932: How a loss of faith in politicians and democracy could make 2012 the most frightening year in living memory

OH and read the qoute NR "And with so many of the world’s oil supplies concentrated in the Persian Gulf, British families will be keeping an anxious eye on events in the Arab world." So Its not just me being "paranoid"

"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
31 December 2011, 02:41,
RE: The spectre of 1932
Well, we have been thinking this for some time and are mentally prepared. There is nothing to fear except, well besides Jedward, fear itself.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
31 December 2011, 06:07,
Many of the people survived 1932 and so, many will survive this recession, I am sure. Preppers will have the best chance but there will be others. The dreams people have will fade no doubt and completely in 2012, but the Will to Live is very strong. Those who survived the Second World War in their childhood, will have known rationing and will tighten their belts. If you cannot pay the rent or mortgage you will have to find a derelict, make a shelter of some sort or, live in a tent. Buy many seeds and make a secret garden. Kenneth Eames.
2 January 2012, 14:08,
Gone are the days when you could just 'find' a derelict home and make use of it, unless I'm mistaken the goverment recently made squatting a criminal offence and removed al squatters rights. forcing more people onto the streets and on to goverment lists by forcing them to claim benefits.
I know several people who have been using derelict/ abandoned homes and have looked after them well and turned the gardens in to allotments. These people claim no benefits and live of of what they can find or barter.
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

2 January 2012, 16:42,
I'd love to do that but the missus wont have any of it, damnit.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."