Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reality (of) TV Bushcraft/Survival
12 April 2014, 07:54,
RE: Reality (of) TV Bushcraft/Survival
(11 April 2014, 23:33)BeardyMan Wrote:
(11 April 2014, 23:28)Scythe13 Wrote: I thought you'd never ask BM.
I'm amazed I got to post that before you did!

Hectic at work at the moment, so the thought of a week off....beyond a dream haha. Holidays are like myths!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
12 April 2014, 12:42,
RE: Reality (of) TV Bushcraft/Survival
Midnitemo is bang on the nail about "feral", hunger turns you into a stone cold killer, it's in the eyes, you get that thousand yard stare, the look an Axe murderer has just before he chops you upTongue
I got through the week on Three Rabbits, Five Wood pigeons and various small birds like Blackbirds and Sparrows. I collected Brambles, wild Apples and other fruit along an old abandoned railway line. This sounds like a lot of food but when you are walking all day to find it you are burning a lot of calories and you are always hungry. You slowly become obsessed with finding food, and that nice little birdie singing on the bush would look great with a stick up its arse over your fire. This was in Autumn with a good bounty of natural food and it was not comfortable by any means, having to do it in January would be a nightmare. In all reality this would have to be an absolute last resort, with threat of life to make me have to do this again. It can only be sustained for a short time, then you will have to seek shelter in more permanent buildings that have the resources near at hand. Our picture perfect countryside is a capable killer when you have to solely live off it.