Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelter Camo
11 April 2014, 14:25,
RE: Shelter Camo
Can I just point something out? This situation does potentially affect all of us. Bugging out is not just some idea I've invented out of thin air! It's something that should be in everyone's list of plans.

This thread is not about how I (the sexy and amazingly attractive Scythe13) am going to stay hidden. It's a concern for all of us. How will YOU be staying hidden? Will you be having a blatently obvious BOL, bright white farm building standing out like a sore thumb? Or do you have some kind of way to make it hidden and blend in?

Why is it suddenly about ME being hidden and out of the way. I just said my side of things, then asked how YOU planned to stay hidden when YOU were forced to bug out?

To be fair, I don't like my odds of staying hidden either, which is why I'm asking how you plan to do the same thing. Unless your plan is to bug out and be seen from miles around, and attract attention, and the alike?

So...back to the original questions that I asked....

What'll you do to stay hidden? To camo your BOL? To camo your 'woodland' camp area?

You want to keep a low profile, so how will you manage that?

What would you do?

For further reading on my need for reposting the questions, please read my "assumptions and answering the question" post I made earlier today: http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.php?tid=6765
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
11 April 2014, 14:31,
I think when people say "You" its not actually You (ie: S13) it's like the Royal 'We' Wink
11 April 2014, 14:34,
IF the need ever came for any of us to bug out, you can bet your last quid that it would be because of some absolutely disasterous calamity, something probably most of the human race could not even imagine, IF that happened there would be (no doubt about it) an absolutely huge DIE OFF and so the question of being found and the numbers of human population would not arise. I am sure none of us intend to bug out UNLESS and UNTIL this event comes to pass and we all have our own plans already formulated.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 April 2014, 14:34,
Yup...the royal we
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
11 April 2014, 14:36,
(11 April 2014, 14:31)Devonian Wrote: I think when people say "You" its not actually You (ie: S13) it's like the Royal 'We' Wink

If that's true, then the question still isn't being answered is it mate. You're the only person that's said about how to stay a bit more hidden, e.g. dig behind a bush. But nobody has said anything about how they plan to stay hidden while bugging out.
11 April 2014, 14:38,
If my group is anything like the size I expect it to be then stealth won't really be an option...it will be as discrete as possible but prickly...with armed pickets posted....if my group shrunk down to say 4 or 5 then I'd be trying to hide much more deeply.
11 April 2014, 14:41,
(11 April 2014, 14:38)Midnitemo Wrote: If my group is anything like the size I expect it to be then stealth won't really be an option...it will be as discrete as possible but prickly...with armed pickets posted....if my group shrunk down to say 4 or 5 then I'd be trying to hide much more deeply.

Okay, that's good, but do you plan on making your BOL any more subtle, hidden, or what?
11 April 2014, 14:43,
isn't being quiet and not making fires helping to stay hidden....noise woodsmoke wafting up and smells will draw people to your"off the beaten track" position.........excuse meAngrylol
11 April 2014, 14:45,
(11 April 2014, 14:05)bigpaul Wrote: depends where you live in the UK, near major cities and population centres its going to be pretty hard to get anywhere very far away from people, but don't assume cos that where you live that there isn't anywhere quiet and remote away from prying eyes cos you'd be wrong. not that I'm going to tell anyone on an open forum where such places are!Big Grin

Like Meldon quarry or that farm house 8 miles from your house....
11 April 2014, 14:51,
You can always improve a position with some judicious mods digging into the side of a hummock/hill can help, just a basic scrape will do in the short term but anything major will be noticed by locals and I know you said of the beaten track but locals maybe mobile in your vicinity , trapping hunting foraging! if you dig to much the spoil becomes an issue.