Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking on RT ( gas supplies to europe)
12 April 2014, 08:02,
RE: Breaking on RT ( gas supplies to europe)
(11 April 2014, 17:46)bigpaul Wrote: who cares? no mains gas out here in the countryside, too far to pipe it.
(11 April 2014, 18:09)TOF Wrote: Ever heard of Gas fired Power stations? Or does Devon have an app for that too?

So to answer your questions BP....pretty much anyone with a mains socket that gets used.

Amazingly, we do not have ANY gas powered stuff in the house, aside from 'back up' cookers, e.g. camping stoves and the alike. But even this got me to thinking about stocking up a little more.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
12 April 2014, 10:57,
Source: http://www.edfenergy.com/energyfuture/gas

Facts:

Nearly half of the electricity generated in the UK currently comes from gas-fired power stations

The UK imported 45% of the natural gas it used in 2009 and, as North Sea reserves dwindle, this is predicted to rise to 69% by 2019.

So yes it affects all of us regardless of whether or not you have a mains gas supply to your property.
12 April 2014, 11:14,
i hope russia cuts our gas, it wont kill us summer is almost here , but mainly to kick our leaders into action and not leave the uk open to energy attack.
Survive the jive (youtube )
12 April 2014, 12:52,
I said that was going to be put on the table weeks ago. Was talking to someone at work about this they didn't even know where there gas came from
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles