Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
get your shrimp nets out
14 April 2014, 22:34,
get your shrimp nets out
As I write there is a full moon meaning spring tides are at hand, the absolute best time to go Shrimping. Go for a couple of hours either end of LOW tide and get yourself a free feed of Shrimps. You can easily collect 2-3 pints in an hour or so. Boil some water with salt in it and throw them in, bring to boil for only a minute or so and enjoy. While your at it why not pick a few Mussels if you can. Another delicacy is the Razor Clam, which you extract by squirting salt down it's hole "ooeer missus" then watch it come out of the sand in the most phallic way. They are delicious and all for free. If you live near an estuary take a look under the mud flats with a rake and see if you have Cockles. Our coast has such an abundance of free food it would a mistake not to take advantage of it's bounty.
15 April 2014, 09:02,
RE: get your shrimp nets out
I'd love to, but i'm unsure of local water quality etc,

about 30 miles from here i used to know where to pick whelks and mussels, but where i live now i'm unsure?

anyone know of a definitive way of telling? or are there any resources i can look up?
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
15 April 2014, 10:06,
http://www.goodbeachguide.co.uk/search-r...phfpqoiquk
15 April 2014, 12:10,
used to go shrimping in the rock pools as a kid, parents owned a chalet at the seaside, great fun!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 April 2014, 12:37,
Thanks for that BP, some great info in that post :S

(15 April 2014, 10:06)Devonian Wrote: http://www.goodbeachguide.co.uk/search-r...phfpqoiquk

thanks Dev

gives at least some indication of water quality in some of the beaches near me
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
15 April 2014, 13:11,
(15 April 2014, 12:37)Binnie Wrote: Thanks for that BP, some great info in that post :S

buy a cheap shrimping net(like you see in the seaside shops)..err.....find a rock pool,..err....turn over the rocks in the rock pool and see what come out(shrimps, small fish etc)....err...catch them with the shrimping net....its hardly rocket science, if an 8,9,10 year old can do it so can everyone else.

gives at least some indication of water quality in some of the beaches near me
[/quote]
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 April 2014, 13:32,
http://www.wikihow.com/Catch-Shrimp

Hopefully this will be informative.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin