Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zip pull Knife?
15 April 2014, 10:58,
Zip pull Knife?
http://www.greenmanbushcraft.co.uk/cutti...-blade.htm

Just spotted this, seems like a great idea, anyone own, or ever seen one in action?
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
15 April 2014, 11:34,
RE: Zip pull Knife?
Be better if they were non-locking.
15 April 2014, 12:07,
got one of BM's "skeleton" knives, wear it with a cord attached around the neck...upside down, its ok its tight it dosent and wont fall out, pull it and it comes straight out and because its not a lock knife the blade is ready for action as soon as it clears the sheath.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 April 2014, 13:24,
I was looking at these a while back too Binnie. I came to the conclusion that they are the size of my fingernail, and not worth the cost. They're really cool, but with such a small blade, what REAL benefit would it provide?

You could open a box with it, cut through rope, but that's about it really. In 99% of situations you'll have your keys wth you, right? Just pop a small keyring (not like my hefting one) with a knife. A good old Swiss Army jobby.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 April 2014, 13:57,
yeah scythe I've looked into them a little more and it seems there are quality issues, and they are quite fragile

I already have a spyderco grasshopper on my keys, with its 2 smaller brothers elsewhere. i use it a lot and really like it

kinda gutted as i like the idea of a zip pull knife, i can see where it might be handy, but not much use if it breaks so easily.
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
15 April 2014, 14:05,
(15 April 2014, 13:57)Binnie Wrote: kinda gutted as i like the idea of a zip pull knife,

Same here mate.

It has that 'cool' factor, as well as being a potentially useful item. But it just fails to live up to the idea. Shame really.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
15 April 2014, 19:22,
Had a play with one of these in a shop in Swindon.

They are, unfortunately, shit.
Cheeky sod wanted nearly £30 for it too!

Spyderco HoneyBee or, my favourite, SOG Micron - both much better, and cost less.
15 April 2014, 23:24,
I have a Boker Grasshopper for the odd occassion i go somewhere i feel a little insecure about , hangs round my neck mid way down my chest been through a few searches and never been picked up on.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!