Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russian space probe plunges to Earth next week
9 January 2012, 16:22,
Russian space probe plunges to Earth next week
Toxic Russian space probe caught on video - going BACKWARDS before it plunges to Earth next week

Video shows probe crippled by solar panel failure
Falling into atmosphere pulled by gravity
Probe due to hit on January 15, says estimate
Up to 30 pieces could hit the ground

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...WARDS.html
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
9 January 2012, 16:53,
RE: Russian space probe plunges to Earth next week
(9 January 2012, 16:22)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Toxic Russian space probe caught on video - going BACKWARDS before it plunges to Earth next week

Video shows probe crippled by solar panel failure
Falling into atmosphere pulled by gravity
Probe due to hit on January 15, says estimate
Up to 30 pieces could hit the ground

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...WARDS.html

It's an interesting article. But I don't believe it will pose much of a threat to anyone. The fragments will be relatively small, and the fuel will burn up upon re-entering the earths atmosphere. If the fuel combusts at the point of re-entery it could explode and cause the space probe to shatter into even smaller pieces, which could also burn up in the atmosphere.

I'd love it if I got one of the solar panels, intact, landing in the back garden! NASA grade power!!! WOOO!!!!
9 January 2012, 18:07,
Scythe,

I just don't see a panel landing in the back garden. Maybe something a bit more solid would make it but not a panel so in reality you don't want anything landing.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 January 2012, 21:32,
(9 January 2012, 18:07)Skean Dhude Wrote: Scythe,

I just don't see a panel landing in the back garden. Maybe something a bit more solid would make it but not a panel so in reality you don't want anything landing.

I'm getting a big solar panel from somewhere! If not from a Russian Mars Probe, than from somewhere else! Damn it, I need more solar!!!