Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to pass on the need to survive !
5 January 2012, 12:50,
RE: How to pass on the need to survive !
Noticed an empty property nearby yesterday where the tenants have just moved out. On all of the windows they "had" these very ornate kind of security bars. So guess what? One pair of aluminium rung ladders, a teenage son, two hi vis jackets and a T30 torque bit and impact gun and bingo is my namo ! Some bloke asked me if the council fit them, I said no we just take them away. A bit naughty in the wind though. Needs must.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.
5 January 2012, 13:03,
Raiding already eh?
There's no Justice, There's Just Us.

5 January 2012, 13:05,
When Oppertunity Knocks! I mean, yes.
5 January 2012, 13:10,
It's amazing what you can get away with when you wear a high viz jacket and a hard hat, I have both and have used them several times to my own advantage.

5 January 2012, 13:16,
It's all in the eye of the beholder isn't it my friend.
5 January 2012, 13:33,
Its salvaging not raiding Smile

5 January 2012, 13:40,
NR You're probably right, But the fact still remains that with a viz jacket your chances of getting away with it are greatly improved!

5 January 2012, 13:45,
Exactly NR. One mans rubbish, another mans riches. They would have been taken down anyway and probably skipped or weighed in. Emphasis is on being able to constantly monitor your surroundings and take advantage as soon as is appropriate, without jeopardising your situation. As I say the wind was a bit dangerous, that's why I took the boy, I'd already done a recky yesterday so was able to take exactly the right tools which greatly speed up the job, in-out, dead quick. Part of the tool kit was the visy and you've hit the nail on the head RJ. I've even got them stashed now as well.
5 January 2012, 15:50,
i was brought up to "acquire" (not steal) anything useful, anything either dumped by the side of the road or in a skip, anything that is obviously rubbish or waste to the previous owner, pallets, tyres, pieces of wood, blue butts, old tin baths etc.etc., if you can use it why buy it new from a shop- its called recycling/reusing .
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 January 2012, 18:01,
Been on the roof of the house this afternoon, giving it a good once over, need to rebed the ridges. Main job while I was up there was to clean and inspect the gutters, one of which was full to overflowing with sheite due to a piece of 2x1 blocking the fall pipe. Now they're good to go and flowing well. All I have to do now is keep my beedys out for a couple of buttresses. Natures own, straight out of the sky. Never know when you are going to be needing a drink! Any words of wisdom on this would be great.