Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to pass on the need to survive !
6 January 2012, 02:23,
RE: How to pass on the need to survive !
when raiding a property ( i mean entering a property ) the roof is always the easy point with no security so when you my friends are prepping the home stead look up as well and remember some people made a living out of getting in when you try to stop them.
to win the war, you must be willing to die
6 January 2012, 11:40,
someone outlined on a roof will make a very tempting targetTongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 January 2012, 11:56,
You can never really secure a building without making it look like a fortress and causing visits from the council or plod.

What you can do though is put solid doors on, solid window frames with the capability for attachments and put metal panels inside the rood so when they remove the tiles they still can't get in. Also when you install CCTV put a camera on your neighbours houses to cover the roof. CCTV is cheap now.

Make sure there are no anchor points on the roof and make the chimney anti vandal paint. If they slip then the body will go in the composter.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 January 2012, 12:12,
When we lived in Teesside we had a spate of burglaries that spread out from the local council estate into the private estate were we lived. The scrotes were burgling houses through the roofs, it was down to a group of 7 youngsters one who could climb like a cat.
My colleague and I noticed that along one row of 6 houses one of em had not been burgled whilst others had been hit on more than one occasion. My partner managed to have a chat with the tennant, turns out he knew what the little sods were doing and had fastened heavy duty reenforced fencing mesh wire ( like chicken wire on steroids) to the underside of his roof in his loft. It could not stop a determined intruder but the noise they would have had to make would have woken half the village.

6 January 2012, 13:17, (This post was last modified: 6 January 2012, 13:25 by Scythe13.)
Hi Jordansgang,

I know the feeling. I am a Christian and a big situation is something that makes our values very difficult to put into place.

Killing someone is a situation that freaks me out. But then I think, if I'm protecting my family, I could do it.

With regards to telling your family to prepare, start them off small, with preps they see as logical. Winter is the perfect time to start off, because the preps will all be in place for the other seasons.

Say things like, "Last year there was a mains bust in Northern Island and people were without fresh water for weeks at a time. Do you remember that? I'd rather have a load of water ready, just incase." then work that angle. That way you have a water store ready. Plus it's an honest angle and keeps people from thinking you're nuts. When they accept that, you go to another level up. "If the weather will be that bad, maybe we should stock up on some more food. Everytime it snows the supermarkets empty out over night. Better to stock up while they have stuff in. I want to be ready for when the snow hits." Which is a fair thing to say. You'll not get any arguments there. They will probably think you're really looking out for them, which you are.

Then you just start winter prepping. Things like "We should keep the car packed up with warm blankets, some bottles of water, a first aid kit (learn to use it though), a spade to move snow, and things like that. So many people got caught in the snow last year. I'd hate for that to happen and for any of us to be unprepared."
Then you go for kitting everyone up with thermals and safer clothing. I'd highly recommend snow grips, which are pretty much the underside of a golf shoe (spikes and that) that stretch under your normal everyday shoes. All just for winter.

When you have things like that sorted, you are half way there.

For spring you start to show an interest in camping, make sure each person knows how to put up their own tent. Buy a small tent for the kids and get them interested in it. Which will kit you up for bugging out.

At some point learning survival skills will come up in conversation, then you say "hey, that sounds like loads of fun. Who would be up for that?" Which is where you guage your families attitude towards those skills.

Once you have survival skills in the equation, you are pretty much home free. The great out doors life awaits.

Maybe a little self defense classes, only for fitness. But it's great fun and a good workout.

Once you have reached this level, message me and I'll talk you through the next few stages.
6 January 2012, 13:34,
You could alays electrify it as well, the dodgems on the fair have chicken wire for there positive contact on the roof of the ride and the negative is on the floor via the wheels.
So you could positive the chicken wir in your foof space and the negative your roof outside, I think you'd probably have to roofing foil the whole of your roof, but watching or hearing the scrotes during shtf getting voltage through them would be hilarious!!!
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
6 January 2012, 15:02,
Mike,

Good idea especially if it was non lethal. Of course if one fell off in this mickey mouse country you may get into trouble.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 January 2012, 15:11,
Sorry SD, but I think you spelt "WOULD definitely get into trouble" wrong.

It's the same as the burglar that cut his leg on the barbed wire someone had on their fence. He sued the guy, took him to caught, and won!!!
6 January 2012, 21:32,
Thank you very much for your insight Scythe13. It's very comforting to be amongst those who are like minded and gain knowledge by sharing the opinions of others. In fact thank you to everyone on here who have so far joined in the very friendly and often thought provoking banter.

I do find the comments made about roof protection fascinating and again, yet another "concern" of mine has seemingly been answered. Sometimes it's very easy to overlook the blatantly obvious. Rolls of chicken wire will be easy to install as well.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.
7 January 2012, 01:53,
cordless angle grindes, bolt cutters, window breakes, high lifts extenable ladders, rope and grappleing hooks and the best is a porta pack, hydrolic ram 10 ton, machine mart sells all these at a cheap price if we can use them other people can?
a lazer sight or pen pointed at a cctv camra stops it from work from a distance
also check you next door property if you get in that easy the stright throught to yours through walls and loft space
also don't forget sledge hammers and oxyey and propane cutting gear ?
and you could always be smoked out?
and still loads of ways left if at some point you need resupplies you become a raider
to win the war, you must be willing to die