Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to pass on the need to survive !
2 January 2012, 12:58,
RE: How to pass on the need to survive !
Thank you very much Skean Dhude firstly for the acceptance and secondly for your personal insight. Onwards and upwards friends, mums the word, loose lips sink ships. One can only hope that others within our immediate communities are making their own plans and keeping it on the QT as well.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.
2 January 2012, 13:00,
Thats all you can do, help yourself, educate those that can be and are willing to be educated, but please for you an your families sake be wary of what you tell others.
The last thing you will need should shtf is 20 hungry neighbors whove got no food coming for yours. Thats just human nature friend, humans are lazy, greedy, spiteful, nastyand ignorant, not everyone may I say just a lot.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
2 January 2012, 13:03,
(2 January 2012, 13:00)mikebratcher69 Wrote: humans are lazy, greedy, spiteful, nastyand ignorant, not everyone may I say just a lot.

and that lot are in the majority eh! Mike, cos preppers are in the minority, there's not many of us but plenty of them(sheeple)!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 January 2012, 13:23,
Definatly B.P. from what I've experienced of humans, a good clearout would'nt do any harm....
2 January 2012, 15:42,
(2 January 2012, 13:23)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Definatly B.P. from what I've experienced of humans, a good clearout would'nt do any harm....

couldnt agree with you more Mike, there's a few around here i'd like to "clearout", starting with the mad bitch banging on our door at 9pm on new years eve!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 January 2012, 16:33,
Did you lock your O.H. out again B.P. ?Tongue
P.S. dont tell your O.H. I said that, I dont wana get battered!!Big Grin
2 January 2012, 16:53,
Most humans are decent people. However, deprive them of food for a few days and the animal instincts come to the fore. It is human nature.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 January 2012, 17:40,
(2 January 2012, 16:33)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Did you lock your O.H. out again B.P. ?Tongue
P.S. dont tell your O.H. I said that, I dont wana get battered!!Big Grin

nope, it was the silly bitch who's just moved into the bungalow across the road, grandmother and mother of our next door neighbours(who we dont speak to), mad as a hatter and a pain in the a+se, was sectioned last year for harassing her own daughter, lets just hope it was a one off.
2 January 2012, 18:51,
(2 January 2012, 01:56)Jodansgang Wrote: Hi there all. Feel a bit shy (new bee)

Question!

How do we convince/make aware those others who we love/care for/extended family/community of the need to get ready?

I mean, we can berely sustain our own little lives.

RIGHT?.

Why have we become so insular?

"I will live.I will make sure my children survive."

How do we tell our friends/neighbours to duck off and fry ?

Sorry but I have to ask.

Insurance, most people understand the need for insurance, so I tend to explain to folks that prepping is just the next evoltionary step in insurance, its only what our grand parents did up to the advent of big 24 hour supermarkets, and its what society is moving back towards today.

Most people have life insurance, car insurance and home insurance, but they dont plan on dropping dead, crashing the car or burning the house downb, but they have insurance just in case. If these other folks keep a torch and candles incase of power cuts or spare fuses even, if they take a brolly out with them because the forcast says it MAY rain, thats prepping, just prepping lite Smile People buy deicer and snow shovels each year incase it snows, thats insurance thats prepping.

3 January 2012, 14:03,
Trying to scrounge 15sq meters of breeze blocks at the moment. Plan is to block up downstairs windows and door when SHTF. Living less than 1 mile out of a major northern city centre I think maybe we might be a bit vulnerable to let's say prying eyes. AM I GOING MAD ? The wife thinks so.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.