Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to pass on the need to survive !
8 January 2012, 11:29,
RE: How to pass on the need to survive !
can you fit broadheads onto ordinary (non crossbow) arrows?? all the ones i see for sale are threaded for crossbow bolts, and if so dosent this make them top heavy??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 January 2012, 12:13,
You can get broad heads for archery bows from the historical re-enactment societies suppliers who do the bodkins and horse droppers in forged iron, as for top heavy most of the bigger arrows with broad heads were designed for unseating knights, and were fired volley fashion in a parabolic tragectory ( aim high fire a volley in a big arcing clod down into the enemies cavalry) for direct fire bodkins were used to good effect as armour piercing anti personal rounds.

8 January 2012, 19:34,
thanks NR, just found some on Merlin Archery(£29 per 6), slip on to wooden arrows.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 January 2012, 19:40,
(8 January 2012, 19:34)bigpaul Wrote: thanks NR, just found some on Merlin Archery(£29 per 6), slip on to wooden arrows.

Got something against cavalry?

9 January 2012, 12:33,
(8 January 2012, 19:40)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(8 January 2012, 19:34)bigpaul Wrote: thanks NR, just found some on Merlin Archery(£29 per 6), slip on to wooden arrows.

nope, just wanted something with a bit more clout than some of the standard points on my wooden arrows.
9 January 2012, 13:09,
(9 January 2012, 12:33)bigpaul Wrote:
(8 January 2012, 19:40)NorthernRaider Wrote:

nope, just wanted something with a bit more clout than some of the standard points on my wooden arrows.

Your going to need a very powerful bow to push them buggers, olde worlde archers had to use 100 ft lb lowgbows to do it for them.

9 January 2012, 14:29,
(9 January 2012, 13:09)NorthernRaider Wrote: Your going to need a very powerful bow to push them buggers, olde worlde archers had to use 100 ft lb lowgbows to do it for them.

i dont think their that big-hard to see just on the website-their only 125grain-see for yourself http://www.merlinarcherycentre.co.uk/aca...hafts.html
9 January 2012, 20:01,
i wanted something with a bit more oomph! for taking down deer and wild boar( AFTER TSHTF of course-not before).