Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alcohol vs OPSEC
16 April 2014, 11:11,
Alcohol vs OPSEC
Don't you love it when a friend gets drunk and starts telling you everything you didn't want to know?

Ever thought of the dangers that we, as preppers, could possibly do the same thing?

Personally, I don't drink, but I'm just putting this thought out there as something worth considering.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
16 April 2014, 11:19,
RE: Alcohol vs OPSEC
Drink does loosen the tongue. I don't drink myself but can't see it as a great problem as surely you would be drinking with friends
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles
16 April 2014, 11:27,
(16 April 2014, 11:19)PreparednessUK Wrote: Drink does loosen the tongue. I don't drink myself but can't see it as a great problem as surely you would be drinking with friends

That's the problem. We have spoken a lot about turning away certain family members, so friends would likely have to be turned away too.

Dangerous hu?
16 April 2014, 19:15,
I've actually found that many people agree with my general worldview, I.E. they could be converted to active preppers with a bit of guidance, and this shows itself after they've had a few. The bit that seperates "If I was in charge, I'd do this..." or general talk about how messed up the world is is mentioning the minutia of your preps, or that you are actually preparing. That should be avoided when drinking with non trusted preppers.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
16 April 2014, 22:42,
You could play the BS card say you don't have the stuff you say you have. After all lots of people brag about things they don't have
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles
16 April 2014, 23:15,
You can use alcohol to loosen other peoples tongues. We've all been the only sober one in the pub on occasions and it's amazing what Intel you can pick up. Thats what the office party is for is it not?
As far as friends go, they already know my views, if not the level of my preps. Hell even the missus doesn't know the level of my preps. We store food in the basement because the kitchen's too small right? That locked gun cupboard is where we safely store all those nasty chemicals from little one right? Little white lies help protect you.
“In the long history of humankind those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed” Charles Darwin
17 April 2014, 11:02,
(16 April 2014, 23:15)SlyUrbanFox Wrote: That locked gun cupboard is where we safely store all those nasty chemicals from little one right? Little white lies help protect you.

What extra ammo cabinet? haha

She knows nothing of the loft...

I get where you're coming from.

For me, one of the issues is that people will shut their lips very quickly when they're sober. So if you're looking to pry for more info, it's not that easy. But when people are 'merry' it's difficult to know what to believe.