Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Think of it as Safe Sex - With Guns
18 April 2014, 22:50,
Think of it as Safe Sex - With Guns
Okay, we all know to practice safe sex, right?

Great, now that I've got your attention, time for some information.

Like how you make sure you take precautions with certain activities...hunting should also be one of them.

I bring, for your close attention...http://www.naturalengland.org.uk/ourwork/regulation/wildlife/licences/generallicences.aspx

This is the general license (GL) stuff that you need to pay VERY CLOSE attention to.

So, next time you're out doing some 'pest control' on a permission...make sure you do so within confines of this paperwork.

Is it boring? Yes.

Does it change your life? Probably not, unless you get caught acting outside of the license!

If is simple enough to read? Yes.

Basically, use this paperwork as a 'I can shoot this' kind of sheet. Just make sure that shooting it really is the last option and that all other efforts have already been tried by the farmer/land owner.

Happy hunting.

p.s. SD, I tried to put this into the hunting bit, but apparently I don't have permission.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
19 April 2014, 06:39,
RE: Think of it as Safe Sex - With Guns
Apparently Herring Gulls are covered by general licence in scotland? under certain conditions?

i thought they were an automatic no-no
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
19 April 2014, 21:43,
RE: Think of it as Safe Sex - With Guns
I've not checked the Scottish side of things. They probably are available. I am just pleased that I spent 4 hours going over, and practicing, gull recognition, just so I know which I'm shooting.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin