Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water collection options
19 August 2022, 00:02,
RE: Water collection options
Now we have had some rain (but not enough by far) it’s taken some pressure off gardening, no evening watering.
Waterbutts are now full.

I have found a source of clear 25 litre containers, ex deionised (distilled) water at £3 each, have ordered 6 to start with. When they arrive I will check them to see if they are suitable for potable water storage.
24 August 2022, 19:50,
The 25 litre containers have arrived and appear to be fine, they have been washed out with Milton (as used on babies bottles) and are now full of tap water, I will test the water regularly over the next month or so for any contamination.
24 August 2022, 21:48,
My local tap water smells like chlorine bleach right out of the pipe. I doubt anything could survive in it.

I actually filter my tap water to remove that smell, along with other chemicals that do my body no good.

I am pretty sure the local tap water was the source of the minerals that made up my kidney stone attack last autumn.
24 August 2022, 22:27,
Our tap water thankfully does not smell, however any water that is not boiled for tea/coffee or for cooking is filtered.