Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S13's Skills Project. Skill 1 - Hunting
8 May 2014, 14:38,
RE: S13's Skills Project. Skill 1 - Hunting
(8 May 2014, 14:34)Devonian Wrote: Do you have a camera on your phone??

nope.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
8 May 2014, 14:53, (This post was last modified: 8 May 2014, 14:54 by Devonian.)
22 hrs left on an auction - currently 1p with free postage, you could get lucky??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-16-0MP-HD-...2c8268bfc1

You then just need an SDHC card
9 May 2014, 13:59,
Right, the weekend doesn't look too favourable, but I'm still going to head out Saturday morning and try and bring something back for the pot. Hopefully a couple of pics for the website too.

Using full camo gear, that weird textured stuff. Having a total cover-up, such as textured gloves, a face mask, and a textured baseball cap.

I'm going to try and get out nice and early, then set up a few decoys to lure them in.

Need to check the permission on a nearby field though. The view of certain trees is amazing! Could bring in some high numbers from there. If I can get permission for that bit of land.....happy as can be!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
9 May 2014, 14:07,
weather forecast for Saturday is pretty dismal Scythe, Sunday should be slightly better.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 May 2014, 22:54,
Okay, this is getting ridiculous now.

I line up on a rabbit. The air is still. Not even a hint of a breeze. My rifle has a perfect zero. Freshly loaded and ready. I had spent about 13-14 minutes stalking this rabbit. I come up to my knees, lean up against the side of a fence post for stability and to get a clear view of the bunny. The rifle sits snuggly into my shoulder, scope lined exactly as needed. There was no shadow in the scope, so I was at my natural distance, with a perfect view. My index finger gently flicks off the safety. As I gently squeeze the trigger, my thoughts about propping the rabbit up for the photo, after I'd shot it, something changes.

At the very moment that I complete the trigger pull, I am also smashed by a 60mph wind that knocks me off balance...as the pellet is leaving the barrel....and sends the pellet far off target!

Mr Bunny isn't too excited about the idea of staying put for a second shot.....no bunny, no photo, no luck!
12 May 2014, 19:47,
Ha ha funny description Scythe.... and one more bunny enjoying his freedom... excellent.

Will start carrying a camera with us when we're out and about. That should ensure that we will not see another living thing for the rest of the summer.

BTW, do swans count in this competition??
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

12 May 2014, 21:25,
Are they wild swans, devoid of human contact? Haha, I'm kidding mate.

The idea is just to get the best pics you can. If you get rubbish pics, put them up anyway. It's all part of the fun.

I need to get out again soon. Nearly mid month already.
12 May 2014, 21:41,
Wild? They seem bloody furious whenever I go near to them!

:-)

We'll see if they are still there when I return with a camera...

(12 May 2014, 21:25)Scythe13 Wrote: Are they wild swans, devoid of human contact? Haha, I'm kidding mate.

The idea is just to get the best pics you can. If you get rubbish pics, put them up anyway. It's all part of the fun.

I need to get out again soon. Nearly mid month already.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

20 May 2014, 09:48,
Another failed atempt to find the elusive wild wood pidgeon yesterday, i think next time i try i may have to use camo, so far my aproach hasnt seemed to work. Another couple of them in the garden when i got back though so a couple more pictures. http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/danzor...%20Uploads
20 May 2014, 12:27, (This post was last modified: 20 May 2014, 12:28 by Scythe13.)
That's the fun of it all mate. Using luck and 'past experience' never quite works out when you're purposefully looking for food. SOD's law in action. I get it all the time, don't worry.

The idea is to further push the practice and modify the techniques until you have a system that works for you.

Getting things in the garden is easy enough, but if it's a massive food shortage and people are hunting for food...those that are easy to come by will be the first to be snatched up and eaten.

I still need to get my pictures uploaded.