Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S13's Skills Project. Skill 1 - Hunting
20 May 2014, 17:53,
RE: S13's Skills Project. Skill 1 - Hunting
I can not help but think that if you fellows were missing out on meals as much as you are missing out on pictures you would be in an emaciated state by now!

Imagine coming home daily and reporting "nothing, nothing, nothing" day after day, followed by "I saw something but did not have my gun! No meat for the soup again tonight."
20 May 2014, 22:18, (This post was last modified: 20 May 2014, 22:21 by TOF.)
Here ya go, by my reckoning it's about 30yds away. Sometimes it pays to get up at 05.30. Taken this last weekend while out and about with BoB.

BoB was still asleep so I mooched around with my Camera.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
21 May 2014, 08:42,
saw 2 Roe Deer in the woods on Sunday morning, mind you it was 6AM.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 May 2014, 12:54,
(20 May 2014, 17:53)Mortblanc Wrote: I can not help but think that if you fellows were missing out on meals as much as you are missing out on pictures you would be in an emaciated state by now!

Imagine coming home daily and reporting "nothing, nothing, nothing" day after day, followed by "I saw something but did not have my gun! No meat for the soup again tonight."

Exactly the reason for this post mate. It helps us all practice, and learn together.

I keep meaning to upload my latest pics! Got a load of good pics, but I admit I did cheat on one pic...I shot the rabbit, then proped it up for a picture haha.

This weekend the wife is away, so I'm going to be getting LOADS of pics!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
26 May 2014, 17:29,
I didn't get any photo's and I wasn't exactly stalking them, but I got within about 10 metres of probably in excess of 60+ rabbits and probably about 30+ deer on multiple occasions. Was only seeing one or two at a time, but they were everywhere!

All encountered this weekend whilst green laning and camping on Salisbury Plain.
26 May 2014, 22:34,
(26 May 2014, 17:29)Devonian Wrote: I didn't get any photo's and I wasn't exactly stalking them, but I got within about 10 metres of probably in excess of 60+ rabbits and probably about 30+ deer on multiple occasions. Was only seeing one or two at a time, but they were everywhere!

All encountered this weekend whilst green laning and camping on Salisbury Plain.

Green laning. That will explain it. I've noticed so many animals are not scared of a car. It's painfully easy to shoot a rabbit, pigeons, crows, rooks, even magpies, from a car (obviously not a moving one! haha). My last kill today, a magpie, was actually shot from my car. Had a pigeon from the car the other week too.

Try some on foot stalking mate. So much more of a challenge.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin