Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What kinds of Articles would you want to read?
25 April 2014, 16:17, (This post was last modified: 25 April 2014, 16:17 by Devonian.)
RE: What kinds of Articles would you want to read?
I think a parachute may be more appropriate Wink

At least they couldn't cut the rope when half way down!!
25 April 2014, 17:50,
bigpaul

maybe some of the urban guys could do a piece about staying safe in a city post SHTF or what they would do to get supplies in an event situation, something like that.

I agree and would be really interested to read something from any of those who think bugging out is a no no from the city. I do not look for or condemn them but if for what ever reason they cannot or do not bug out or move from a city what and how do you see their living in a collapsed city. This would be really interesting.
I am not in a city so can not say.
Anyone give it go?
25 April 2014, 21:43,
(25 April 2014, 17:50)John Wrote: bigpaul

maybe some of the urban guys could do a piece about staying safe in a city post SHTF or what they would do to get supplies in an event situation, something like that.

I agree and would be really interested to read something from any of those who think bugging out is a no no from the city. I do not look for or condemn them but if for what ever reason they cannot or do not bug out or move from a city what and how do you see their living in a collapsed city. This would be really interesting.
I am not in a city so can not say.
Anyone give it go?

I'm happy to do a bit in the future on urban prepping, whether it is in a city, town, or village - but not until the moderator thing is up and running (and working) properly. In the past it seems that whenever "urban" prepping has been brought up the threads often just end up being trolled to death by one or two people who's only contribution to the debate can be summed up as "you're all going to die".
26 April 2014, 08:28,
if it makes you happy Smiffy i'll take no part in it, lets see what people can come up with, although so far all I hear is why they cant.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 April 2014, 08:34,
Smiffy wrote: I'm happy to do a bit in the future on urban prepping, whether it is in a city, town, or village - but not until the moderator thing is up and running (and working) properly. In the past it seems that whenever "urban" prepping has been brought up the threads often just end up being trolled to death by one or two people who's only contribution to the debate can be summed up as "you're all going to die".

Thanks Smiffy!
26 April 2014, 20:49,
(26 April 2014, 08:28)bigpaul Wrote: if it makes you happy Smiffy i'll take no part in it, lets see what people can come up with, although so far all I hear is why they cant.

I don't know why you think it would make me happy - I don't care one way or the other what you do. I do care about investing time and effort putting a long post together only for it to get trolled to death.

Anyway, you could probably do some posts on urban prepping yourself, you have frequently said that you live in a town on a typical housing estate with bad neighbours, a perfect topic for an urban prepping discussion I would have thought.
26 April 2014, 22:12,
The forum is serious short of articles on urban prepping from folks who actually are urban preppers, ANY and ALL contributions would be appreciated as Slyurbanfox has specifically asked for assistance on urban preps etc, I sent him what I had but much of it was either kit stuff or from a US viewpoint. we really could do with some input from folks prepping in the city. IIRC that nice chap Mandlaka who used to visit also was seeking urban oriented articles.

27 April 2014, 10:34,
"The forum is serious short of articles on urban prepping from folks who actually are urban preppers, ANY and ALL contributions would be appreciated as Slyurbanfox has specifically asked for assistance on urban preps etc, I sent him what I had but much of it was either kit stuff or from a US viewpoint. we really could do with some input from folks prepping in the city. IIRC that nice chap Mandlaka who used to visit also was seeking urban oriented articles." - NR

TOF has some awesome stuff on public transport, and I think SUF is going to be coming out with some good stuff soon too.

We're all heading in the right direction.

I can't remember who posted it. You probably can, but there was a load of videos posted on urban escape and evasion that were made by ITStactical.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin