Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pictures in posts?
23 April 2014, 21:20,
pictures in posts?
It might be starring me in the face but how do you post pictures in thread replies?
23 April 2014, 22:17,
RE: pictures in posts?
I just use a photo hosting site (loads of them around), copy the image link from the particular pic on the site, and paste the link into the post.

Make sure you check and adjust the privacy settings on your account on the photo hosting site before linking to your pictures.
24 April 2014, 19:33,
I don't use any picture sharing sites is it not possible to upload from your own pics on hard drive?
25 April 2014, 12:34,
(24 April 2014, 19:33)UrbanPrepper Wrote: I don't use any picture sharing sites is it not possible to upload from your own pics on hard drive?

Not that I've seen mate.

I'm going to be using Tinypic.com to upload some pics tonight, and I'll post up about how it can be done, if I can get it to work.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
25 April 2014, 13:01,
I used photobucket on my Bow thread and it was pretty straightforward, just drag and drop the photos into photobucket from your desktop, then once they are uploaded, select the photo you want (in Photobucket) and then one click on the image code copies it and you then just paste the code into your message and when you preview/post the message, the image is there.

Just repeat the process for additional photos.

The only thing I did find is that the first time I did it SUK throw a wobbly as it said the image file sizes were greater than that allowed, so I compressed them and did it again and it all worked. Probably wouldn't be a problem for just one or two images, but if you have multiple images, then SUK seems to have some kind of maximum that it will allow on each post.
25 April 2014, 13:14,
Hmmm, I loaded mine straight from my computer.
If you are starting a new thread then scroll down and click on attachments, you can then upload files and pictures from your computer, make sure you resize them if necessary.
To add pictures in a post click on new reply and follw the above instructions.
HTHSmile

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
28 April 2014, 20:55,
Had a bit of a look and I'm having problems with this too, can't seem to find a way to upload without using another site as a medium
Winter is coming
29 April 2014, 19:30,
Thought it may be because I'm on my tablet thank you for the replies might just have to sign up to photo sharing site
30 April 2014, 13:08,
WOW! Brilliantly impressed with tinypic.com

Once you upload a picture, it will have a link for "Forums". All you do is copy and paste the link into the part where you write your message and presto, your picture is in the post.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin