Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asteroid Impact
25 April 2014, 16:25,
RE: Asteroid Impact
So???

Other than pure sensationalism, what are your points and how does it influence your prepping?
25 April 2014, 16:30, (This post was last modified: 25 April 2014, 16:39 by SlyUrbanFox.)
I haven't seen my physics tutor for 20+yrs ! I think the point he was making is that one big rock could wipe out millions so the mathematical probability works out about the same. Lies, dam lies, and statistics

Short of an underground bunker, there is not a lot I think I can do to prep for an asteroid strike. If someone does spot one coming, what are the chances of those with that knowledge letting the rest of us know? Do they create mass panic or quietly disappear into their bunker whilst we are in ignorant bliss. I keep reading news reports of the one that got away. You only ever hear about a near earth encounter after it has happened. I would like to know before.
“In the long history of humankind those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed” Charles Darwin
25 April 2014, 19:57,
It does not necessarily affect your prepping.
As I stated in my original post it was not posted for discussion, but if you wish to discuss such a thing then please do but please read the article first.

When this happens it is hopped that we have some warning, how much depends. The main article gives a full set of ideas of how one may be able to survive such a thing. If it lands on your head all beds are off but if you have the information then you might just survive.

An although this is sort of underground bunker it relatively cheap and as said if you read it you will find that it is not just your common garden bunker because thing like the back fill to help absorb ground shock.

I leave it with you.
26 April 2014, 10:34,
The fact that an Asteroid might hit Earth does not affect, nor should it affect anyone's preparations as it is not worth the brainpower worrying about it. Be aware yes, worry not.
5 May 2014, 09:57,
http://news.sky.com/story/1255257/bus-si...past-earth