Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What skill could you teach other people?
26 April 2014, 00:20,
What skill could you teach other people?
Simple enough question.

If something were to happen, what skills could you teach someone else and how would you teach them?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
26 April 2014, 07:47,
RE: What skill could you teach other people?
If something were to happen????
Depends what has happened as to what you have to do to survive and how much time you have.

Probably too late to leave it until after the event.
Teaching anyone anything takes time and you are not going to have any time spare.

May be you should do two things, reword the question as to what could you teach others and what you could teach.
26 April 2014, 17:34,
Good post S , I have knowledge of a fair bit of stuff...but only master of a few, Who would I be teaching? All within my group tbh.......What would I teach.........everything ....the scope would be huge , for starters......all the stuff that you lot have shown me and have got from this site , building , is my strong point.....gardening next.... food storage ...clamps etc when and how.......to much to list is the truth........a lifetime of this and that......How would I teach.....dead easy by example in the thick of it , there is no other form .....like BP and many others here I have loads of books, ....over the years I have shown many.....the trick is to make it interesting and the reason for doing X once they understand that the rest follows easy.....the other trick is make or induce a dramatic failier that works well .
26 April 2014, 19:39,
(26 April 2014, 07:47)John Wrote: If something were to happen????
Depends what has happened as to what you have to do to survive and how much time you have.

Probably too late to leave it until after the event.
Teaching anyone anything takes time and you are not going to have any time spare.

May be you should do two things, reword the question as to what could you teach others and what you could teach.

Nope, I like the question how it is.

What skill could you teach to other people.

The question is to challenge what you know to the depth you're capable of sharing, and to challenge that if you're capable of teaching it, why are you not teaching it on the forum already?
26 April 2014, 19:41,
Well, I've been a gardener for years, so that's one; I can definitely cook, that's another; I can break and train horses, that's the transport side of things. Pity none of you are nearer to me, I could do a training day on how to tack up, harness and motivate a horse.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
26 April 2014, 19:49,
Mary, you can still teach us. Pictures, articles, youtube videos that you know to be based on experience, and the alike. I bet you could put together a kick ass article about all of those things.