Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Textured Camo, Sale price!
28 April 2014, 10:32,
Textured Camo, Sale price!
Over the weekend I got some good feedback on my gear. I love it, but the pigeons seems to be more against it than I was hoping.

All the discussion about camo gear and suits got me looking around. Then I stumbled on a beauty from one of my favourite stores (SGC).

It's on sale/special offer, and it's cheaper than I've found it anywhere else.

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/prod...ky+3D+Set/

At £47.99, it's pretty cheap for a jacket and trousers, with lovely tassles haha.

What do you think?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 April 2014, 10:38,
RE: Textured Camo, Sale price!
that's not a bad price mate ,what's the quality like?
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
28 April 2014, 10:45,
I've always been happy with both DeerHunter and Jack Pyke clothing, so I can only assume it's good. But I'll give a better review and field review after a couple of months use.
29 April 2014, 09:11,
£11 more you can have:

http://www.military1st.co.uk/products/kp...wwodBbcACg

ghillie suit...
29 April 2014, 12:44,
(29 April 2014, 09:11)BeardyMan Wrote: £11 more you can have:

ghillie suit...

A little late now mate. Where were you 2 days ago when I did a little internet shopping? Haha, it's cool. The one I've gone for is very light weight and you know me, speed of movement is always a concern I have.

But for everyone else looking at buying a ghillie suit...great link! Perfect for an observer or person on guard duty.
30 April 2014, 08:32, (This post was last modified: 30 April 2014, 08:35 by BeardyMan.)
(29 April 2014, 12:44)Scythe13 Wrote:
(29 April 2014, 09:11)BeardyMan Wrote: £11 more you can have:

ghillie suit...

A little late now mate. Where were you 2 days ago when I did a little internet shopping? Haha, it's cool. The one I've gone for is very light weight and you know me, speed of movement is always a concern I have.

But for everyone else looking at buying a ghillie suit...great link! Perfect for an observer or person on guard duty.

Well if you go to an exceedingly expensive shop buddy, expect to pay over the odds Wink

You can buy the base layers and add your own material / coverage too it too, so you can guarantee it'll fit in with the surrounding foliage. Much more time consuming, but adaptable, and cheaper.

But I'm sure you could add more material to yours if the pigeons spot you. And you have the time and inclination of course.
1 May 2014, 19:00,
It arrived! My new textured camo Deer Hunter outfit.

Okay, when I first got home and found a small parcel (small, as in a little larger than an A4 printing pack of 200 sheets), I was curious what the hell I had ordered. It had my name on it, so clearly it was mine. Not my new spotting scope, not a stock cover, the only other thought was it was a comical outfit for one of the dogs (haha, you can make them look like superman! Dogs are so entertaining). Amazingly, when I opened it, I found the item that started off this thread.

Right now I'm at home, sat on my sofa, wearing, what can only be described at the progeny of a onesie+foliage affair. WEIRD! Even though it is a jacket and trousers, the jacket part is really low fitting, and is able to go under my bum. Well impressed! So I'm going on the assumption that either a snuggie or a onesie feels like this. The look is a tricked out boiler suit that thinks it's a Ghillie suit.

Enough about my embarrassing around-the-house-comfy-wear. Back to the subject of the outfit/get-up/clothing.

Ultra light weight, but that's because the material is ultra fine. If you wore this on a hot summer's evening, you'd freeze to death, it's that thin. But one of the obvious advantages of this is the ability for it to be able to wear it on top of your clothing, without adding a load of layers of insulation! Plus getting in and out of it is simple enough. Pop buttons on the jacket and elastic waist on the trousers.

The fit is loose, because the outfit is basically overalls that you put on top of your clothing. So I could gain another stone or 2 and still be able to fit this.

Patterning and coloration is RealTree camo style. Some very bright colours, but some good darker browns as well. It wouldn't look out of place from late spring to late autumn. Late autumn through to early spring...you'd be pushing your luck with these colours, I reckon.

One major downside to this, the material does seem so fine that if it was to get snagged, it could well rip. That's one of the reasons I'm not doing this as a review. I need to test it out first. However, my experiences with this kind of material, in the past, have proven that the stitching will be an issue.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it, to be fair. Field testing will prove the real results. However, at the moment, it fits purpose.

My favourite thing about it, ironically, is also my least favourite thing. The lightweight of the outfit is brilliant. Allowing for rapid movement if need be, without being weighed down. But what makes it light weight, the material, is also the downside of it.

I'll try it out for a few months and then will be able to give a better perspective.
1 May 2014, 19:23,
Just a quick question, is it noisy/does it rustle much when you move around?
1 May 2014, 19:42,
(1 May 2014, 19:23)Devonian Wrote: Just a quick question, is it noisy/does it rustle much when you move around?

It's pretty quiet really. Rustles more quietly than the trees you'd be around.