Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are the mods.
28 April 2014, 11:40,
We are the mods.
This is a lovely new intro thread brought to you by your friendly neighbourhood moderators.

Here we'll be introducing ourselves, and for Sunna (fair request mate) to explain why we think we would be good for the role.

Well, as many of you know, I'm Scythe13, I've been prepping for a good few years now. I have a lot of experience with bushcraft and am very passionate about learning new skills and teach other people what I've learned.

Why I think I'm going to be a good moderator.

Well, we all know I have had certain 'dealings' with members on the forum, and I have never made a personal attack or called anyone out in an aggressive way. No doubt NR will be the first person to confess that we've butted heads many times in the last few years, and each incident we have hit on, I have never made it into a personal attack and I still give NR his dues where appropiate/deserved. I try to keep threads on topic and am happy to start a new thread with the information from the previous one, to stop the original thread being derailed.

Although many people do like me on the forum, I recognise there are many others that do not. I am not bias towards anyone or against anyone. I like to empathise and understand a person's view point.

Beyond that, I don't know why else I would be a good moderator. I appreciate people's input towards how I can improve and better serve the forum (for the haters, feel free to PM me telling me to leave). I look forward to serving you all as well as I possibly can. If at any time you believe my time as moderator should come to an end, please feel free to PM me and SD and we can discuss that issue further.

I am excited to seeing the forum grow and develop, and am honoured to be able to be a part of it.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 April 2014, 11:50,
RE: We are the mods.
barneyboy here,why am I a mod ,SD asked me ,hopefully I will not need to moderate a lot as we are adults. cheers its been emotional.smiley face
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
28 April 2014, 11:52,
I'm River Song. My Boyfriend is the Doctor. I like Harveys Bristol Cream.
My prepping interest is Comms.

Thats it.
28 April 2014, 12:20,
For info I chose the mods for four reasons.

1) They are regulars to the site.
2) They have never to my knowledge been involved in any bullying, harassment or lost their tempers with others.
3) I believe the others on the forums respect them.
4) I believe they will be fair and open minded.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 April 2014, 13:10,
Well what can I say….

You all know me as Devonian and yep I from North Devon, as are my family and relatives, but I have also worked and lived in Plymouth, Exeter, Cardiff, Nelson (South Wales) and the Isle of Man, as well as having worked on major infrastructure projects throughout the UK and further afield.

I enjoy the outdoors (a lot), but unfortunately work does prevents me getting out as much as I would like. I’ve been prepping without really realising it for most of my life and it’s only the last 18 months or so that I have started to get a lot more organised about making sure everything is in place and that I am as organised and prepared as I can be.

I think that this site is simply the best prepping/survival site and I’ve gained a lot from it and those using the site in the short time I’ve been here. I’ve been fortunate enough to meet a few of the guys from the forum in person which always helps, and I’m happy to be giving something back to hopefully help make the forum even more successful in the future……

Like S13, I always try remain civil and courteous to others and that is something that we all want to encourage throughout the forum.
28 April 2014, 20:44,
Good luck folks. Wishing you well in your roles. Hope you Mods rock!
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
29 May 2014, 22:23,
Hi mods, nice post. Best wishes from me!