Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting out ahead of time
29 April 2014, 11:19,
RE: Getting out ahead of time
RS, the bigger population there is the further stuff has to stretch and the faster it will run out(a lot will be wasted by the rioting mobs), I thought that was self evident.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 April 2014, 12:49,
(29 April 2014, 07:28)bigpaul Wrote: because a city is an artificial construct and because of the numbers of population involved the event might have quicker repercussions than say outside of a city.

To rephrase this mate, to what I think you're meaning to say...

In a city, things are able to escilate much faster due to the population density. Coupled with the speed at which resources will be used up. It all means that if things were to kick off in a city or in a rural area, the city would be a much more devastating and dangerous location.

To add more to this, more rural areas (granted not all, and I know generalisations can be dangerous) have a stronger community situation, so people are more likely to group together first. While in the city, when people group together, it's unlikely to be for the benefit of the masses.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
29 April 2014, 12:59,
yes, that's exactly what I was saying, only in a lot less words!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 April 2014, 13:29,
The early bug out is adopted as a strategy in order to completely eliminate any problems one might encounter in an urban setting, therefore the urban situation is not considered a factor in the process and not thought about other than being a situation to avoid or that has already been avoided.

No gridlock on the motorways, no riots yet, no road-blocks or checkpoints by TPTB, no escape and evasion, no worry about how many pounds the BOB weighs and if it blends in.

But it does require organization and ownership to be successful.

Some of us bugged out so early we have already been there for 30 years!
29 April 2014, 18:17,
Always keep in mind the fact that "refugees", historically, have NEVER fared well. If there's any doubt in my mind that I have time to bug-out, I'll be bugging in!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
29 April 2014, 18:20,
prepper motto:"never become a refugee".