Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will you hide your bag?
1 May 2014, 08:49, (This post was last modified: 1 May 2014, 09:27 by bigpaul.)
RE: How will you hide your bag?
camo is seen in my rural farming neck of the woods as normal working gear, nobody even turns a hair.

Goretex rustles too much to be any good trying to be quiet and covert.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 May 2014, 10:07,
I agree with R.S. I live in a semi rural area and tend to wear what a agrie worker would wear. When in London wear casual gear that can quickly be turned into several dark coluors. I do not tend to wear camo as it can bring unwanted attention.
1 May 2014, 10:14,
(30 April 2014, 22:24)Scythe13 Wrote: If you have a low profile tent, the poncho can be used over that as extra protection and cover, or you can even use it like a shooting hide if need be.

Slightly OT, but I just purchased a DD Poncho. For those of you that have DD stuff, you'll know how tough it is. Poncho can be used as a tarp, and will easily cover a bergen too. It's pretty heavy at 900g, but it's 100% waterproof. I'll be using it this Saturday as my only shelter, so I'll let you know how it fares!

I was very tempted by the Hazard 4 Poncho Villa, and I'll probably buy one next week regardless, but thought I'd try out a cheap version before I spank lots of cash on something fancy.
1 May 2014, 10:29,
(1 May 2014, 10:14)BeardyMan Wrote: Slightly OT, but I just purchased a DD Poncho. For those of you that have DD stuff, you'll know how tough it is. Poncho can be used as a tarp, and will easily cover a bergen too. It's pretty heavy at 900g, but it's 100% waterproof. I'll be using it this Saturday as my only shelter, so I'll let you know how it fares!

I was very tempted by the Hazard 4 Poncho Villa, and I'll probably buy one next week regardless, but thought I'd try out a cheap version before I spank lots of cash on something fancy.

Only issue might be the hood area. Make sure you can keep that as tight as possible. I opted for a twig to keep it taught. As long as the run off from the hood won't wick water or hold water, then you're good mate.

Get us some pics. Will be good to see how it goes.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
1 May 2014, 11:32,
It all ties up buddy - they've thought of this. It's designed to do both you see.

No pics unfortunately, unless Mac takes em
2 May 2014, 09:33,
One cheap alternative is to purchase one or two NVA Ponchos, approx. £20.
They are made from Ventile type fabric. After a little alteration I have ende up with a great piece of gear. I tend to try and keep to natural fabrics as these tend not to make much noise. You have to waterproof the fabric, but it is then breathable and to some extent better around open fire as apposed to man made fibers.