Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Introducing: THE BEAST!
1 May 2014, 19:05,
RE: Introducing: THE BEAST!
Ian, you'd like the Cold Steel Trail Master!

http://www.knivesandtools.co.uk/en/pt/-c...wwodQ30AeQ

Recognise this BM?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
1 May 2014, 19:53,
(1 May 2014, 19:05)Scythe13 Wrote: Ian, you'd like the Cold Steel Trail Master!

http://www.knivesandtools.co.uk/en/pt/-c...wwodQ30AeQ

Recognise this BM?

Yup. And money well spent I imagine too!

But you must be a fool to spend that on a knife.....

Wink
1 May 2014, 20:07,
I feel so foolish.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
1 May 2014, 20:17,
for me a blade is a tool ,if you want to spend that money on that then haho ,as for a scope it is a precision piece of kit not a lump of metal you cut things with .there is a big difference ,that's just my view
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
1 May 2014, 20:52,
(1 May 2014, 20:17)Barneyboy Wrote: for me a blade is a tool ,if you want to spend that money on that then haho ,as for a scope it is a precision piece of kit not a lump of metal you cut things with .there is a big difference ,that's just my view

So you agree in principle, you just won't admit it.

We all know you get exactly what you pay for, if you're happy with a cheap replica then that's fine, but at least admit to yourself that it's not going to be anywhere near the same quality as something made from the best materials. Spending the extra on something of greater quality does not make one a fool, implying that someone who is willing to invest in a quality tool is a fool... Well...
1 May 2014, 21:06,
saying that a fool and there money is easy parted ,is a old saying ,just that BM ,there was no malice in what I said dude .I do see that the way I said it could be seen as rude so I apologise ,I have been on this site long enough for you guys to no that im not scared to call a knob a knob ,I was not meant to offend
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
1 May 2014, 23:58,
Its just a fiscal balancing act.....getting the job done for a reasonable amount of money , all nice knives but I reckon I could get the job done cheaper (i like Boker and there a bit cheaper like for like,not much though Big Grin) but it's about you're personal requirements and standards+ there's nothing wrong with a bit of kit lust if you have the funds to do it....bit of pride in a nice blade....I get it!
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
2 May 2014, 00:46,
Thanks for the replies/responses, guys - I hope I didn't cause any friction, there.

BeardyMan: It's just y'r routine 440 Stainless, according to the blade.

Scythe: Thanks for the Trail Master info - AND, THE LINK!

I've just added Haynes to my daily visits list, in fact!

I'm in a regular personnel mine of information, here!
Sign on my back door: "Dear Burglar: Name anybody who will be looking for you beneath my floorboards!"
2 May 2014, 08:07,
(1 May 2014, 21:06)Barneyboy Wrote: saying that a fool and there money is easy parted ,is a old saying ,just that BM ,there was no malice in what I said dude .I do see that the way I said it could be seen as rude so I apologise ,I have been on this site long enough for you guys to no that im not scared to call a knob a knob ,I was not meant to offend

Then please accept my apologies sir.
2 May 2014, 11:14,
(2 May 2014, 00:46)Ian Haines Wrote: BeardyMan: It's just y'r routine 440 Stainless, according to the blade.

Perfectly good enough. That's actually pretty good value for money as it's sub £50. I don't like the full length saw part on the back, but that's my personal preference.