DIY Air Conditioning
7 May 2014, 23:14,
DIY Air Conditioning
Well not quite. But an extremely interesting concept

http://hackaday.com/2014/05/05/a-low-cos...mp-cooler/

Its not a swamp cooler but it would certainly cool you down
8 May 2014, 07:08,
RE: DIY Air Conditioning
It could be run on a pretty small solar panel. Only problem would be getting the ice all the time, if you don't have a good battery bank and recharging system.

Good bit of info though. 'Cool' idea (massive pun intended).
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 May 2014, 07:50,
If you had a 12v water pump from a caravan, and a 12v desk fan, you could make a crude evaperative cooler, the water nozzle would be the only sticking part,

might actually try that one though!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
8 May 2014, 13:35,
(8 May 2014, 07:50)Binnie Wrote: If you had a 12v water pump from a caravan, and a 12v desk fan, you could make a crude evaperative cooler, the water nozzle would be the only sticking part,

might actually try that one though!

Get some photos for us and tell us how it's done, and whether it's any good or not. Even if it's crap, give us a review. It'll still be a great help!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
8 May 2014, 17:37, (This post was last modified: 8 May 2014, 17:42 by TOF.)
I'm really going to show my age here, but..... My mum used to hang wet cotton up at open windows in the height of summer. It made a remarkable difference. I think it worked because a) the amount of sunlight was reduced and b) a certain amount of evaporation took place and the breeze entering the room was cooled because of it.
Often simple is better.

Thinking about it further, this could also improve the air quality by trapping particulates?
Thanks for reminding me, all I have to do now, is keep it in my peabrain til summer

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
9 May 2014, 09:36,
I'll see if i can pick up a cheap caravan water pump and give it a bash.
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
10 May 2014, 11:32,
Old fashioned air conditioning was just having a well designed house with strategically placed windows and vents to allow proper air flow.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8