Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Quarry do you Hunt?
9 May 2014, 19:59,
RE: What Quarry do you Hunt?
Anything edible that flies or walks, any freshwater fish available, A range of seafood mainly Shellfish at the moment, when Summer comes will be fishing for Cod, Mackeral. Rays and Bass.
25 July 2017, 07:18,
In England I hunted mostly wood pigeon, but here I hunt wild boar, wild goats, rabbit. Kangaroo, Wallaby, Walleroos are protected unless you are a land owner. As a land owner you can get a permit to shoot roos, but you are not legally allowed to eat them!!! I know, bloody stupid but that is the government all over. I am a land owner, but I only hunt for food.
Keith.
Do not try to understand them, and do not try to make them understand you; for they are a breed apart and make no sense. Natty Bumpo, Last Of The Mohicans.
12 June 2022, 22:29,
Pigeon
Pheasant
Roe
Fallow
Rabbit
Hare (only if the land owner insists-to keep a certain sector of the travelling community off their land)
all the above are edibles.

And for vermin control, fox & ratty

Herne.
13 June 2022, 08:59,
I thought Hare wasnt that edible? I seem to remember something about "potted hare".
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 June 2022, 17:22,
(13 June 2022, 08:59)bigpaul Wrote: I thought Hare wasnt that edible? I seem to remember something about "potted hare".

It's very rich, and in all honesty i can't stand the taste, even my dogs turn their nose at it.

Some local farmers ask for them to be shot, to keep caravan dwelling lamp men with dogs off their land.

Herne
14 June 2022, 09:01,
(13 June 2022, 17:22)HERNE Wrote:
(13 June 2022, 08:59)bigpaul Wrote: I thought Hare wasnt that edible? I seem to remember something about "potted hare".

It's very rich, and in all honesty i can't stand the taste, even my dogs turn their nose at it.

Some local farmers ask for them to be shot, to keep caravan dwelling lamp men with dogs off their land.

Herne
we dont see Hare here, used to see them when we lived in Somerset.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.