Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use of PED WTSHTF and Afterwards
10 May 2014, 11:42,
RE: Use of PED WTSHTF and Afterwards
a little bit of what you fancy dose you no harm, from coffee to deca to booze to coke , my rule works i know so many guys with bad habbits, bitch tits ect.
Survive the jive (youtube )
10 May 2014, 11:48,
my list of post SHTF drugs is actually going to be very small and most if not all will be herbal/natural, I suspect that any commercially manufactured drugs wont be around for very long after the collapse.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 May 2014, 11:57,
your more right than you know bp, fake drugs for bodybuilding is a big problem ,with factorys in inda/china copying at will .
thats before shtf i know a few guys who go to greece for their holladays their you can buy steroids otc no problem their real ,cheap and if you get enough you can pay for your holladay.
Survive the jive (youtube )
10 May 2014, 12:29,
I have heard their are a lot of fake drugs about, usually people end up with talc or flour or something else instead of their drug of choice.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 May 2014, 13:14,
Scythe1 Wrote:Paracetamol, Asprin, Calpol, Grip Water, Desmopressin, HCG, Proviron, all have little to no side effects. The list is actually huge!!!

A bit like we used to "know" the world was flat!

Just using your own example from the rebuilding society discussions, these drugs may have little or no side affects - BASED ON CURRENT KNOWLEDGE!

But as you have previously indicated our current knowledge of many things may well be very flawed and we really cannot understand categorically how drugs actually affect the body as current knowledge isn't that advanced.

Also if you are taking more than one drug, the cocktail effect is even less known and the reactions may differ hugely between different people.

For example most people love chocolate, fairly innocent you may assume, but whenever my ex ate high coca content Belgium chocolate, she got serious heart palpitations which would make her dizzy and faint.

Also another example of lack of understanding in recent living memory, was that of asbestos, ok not a drug, but a lack of knowledge about its harmful effects on the body! Between the 1900's and the late 1970's asbestos really was seen as a wonder material and was used in 1000's of products, but today we all know that there are 1000's of asbestos related deaths each year in the UK alone!

I therefore think that its best to avoid any kind of artificial/chemical stimulants as far as possible and concentrate on a getting a nutritionally balanced diet.

I don't always eat as well as I should, but I do notice how less tired and healthier I feel when I am eating properly. Taking vitamins, stimulants or other drugs never seem to have the same effect.
10 May 2014, 14:40,
(10 May 2014, 13:14)Devonian Wrote: I therefore think that its best to avoid any kind of artificial/chemical stimulants as far as possible and concentrate on a getting a nutritionally balanced diet.

I don't always eat as well as I should, but I do notice how less tired and healthier I feel when I am eating properly. Taking vitamins, stimulants or other drugs never seem to have the same effect.

Totally agree there mate. Being healthy is my number 1 prep.

In regard to the flat world...very true. But with the studies that have been done on the substances I've looked into, I'm happy to take the risks based on the information from those studies and the outcomes.

Personally, if taking those substances shortens my life by 5 years, but provides me with an increased ability to survive and an increased quality of life until the eventual day that I die....I'm cool with that.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
10 May 2014, 15:01,
oh well, "you pays your money and you makes your choices", same as the rest of us will be doing post SHTF.
13 May 2014, 06:07,
As far as I'm aware, Commonwealth forces in WW2 and American in Vietnam were issued various stimulants (eg. amphetamines) to keep them awake or alert when on long patrols etc. Whether or not you would want to be doing speed after SHTF or not is another question though.
13 May 2014, 09:16,
I see many BOBs with energy drinks like 5 hour energy. Some speed up metabolism and give energy. If you are low on food the body's metabolism slows down to keep you alive. Artificially speeding up might not be the best idea. PEDs can have the same effect I think it is amphetamines that can also effect you in the same way and melt any essential fat you have left
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

13 May 2014, 13:43,
Not really a ped, but I have experience of taking meds from the dr with no known negative effects. So there I was happily popping 8 per day (max safe dose) for about 15 years & they were working great, as intended. Excellent you might think. However more recent studies on the tablets are constantly linking high dose combined with long term use (10 years+) with massively increased cancer risk. Something like 60% increased chance of developing cancer, all through taking OTC available drugs with no previous known side effects.

Obviously it's your body & it's your choice, but I for 1 am limiting any medication use to an absolute minimum.