Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use of PED WTSHTF and Afterwards
13 May 2014, 14:19,
RE: Use of PED WTSHTF and Afterwards
(13 May 2014, 06:07)Jace Wrote: As far as I'm aware, Commonwealth forces in WW2 and American in Vietnam were issued various stimulants (eg. amphetamines) to keep them awake or alert when on long patrols etc. Whether or not you would want to be doing speed after SHTF or not is another question though.

the US military apparently issue modafinil to pilots on very long missons,

wouldn't mind trying some for evaluation purposes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modafinil
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
13 May 2014, 14:28,
British troops in Northern Ireland were on drugs too, I was told this by someone who was there.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 May 2014, 15:31,
Geordie_Rob Wrote:Not really a ped, but I have experience of taking meds from the dr with no known negative effects. So there I was happily popping 8 per day (max safe dose) for about 15 years & they were working great, as intended. Excellent you might think. However more recent studies on the tablets are constantly linking high dose combined with long term use (10 years+) with massively increased cancer risk. Something like 60% increased chance of developing cancer, all through taking OTC available drugs with no previous known side effects.

Obviously it's your body & it's your choice, but I for 1 am limiting any medication use to an absolute minimum.

That is the problem, claims of no side effects are always based on 'current knowledge' and the pharms may not understand the effects for generations, especially if they are reacting to other medicines or other substances (non-medical) that you may also (occasionally) be taking.

Its a bit like these e-cigs that all the smokers are moving onto, no one really knows how just safe they are as there simply hasn't been enough research done.
15 June 2014, 13:09,
Here's another example of why its best to avoid any kind PED's:

http://news.sky.com/story/1282497/gps-to...-condition

For years and years medical knowledge has been saying that Asprin is harmless and can be good to help reduce strokes etc. But now knowledge has moved on and the medical profession realise their previous knowledge was wrong. And this is with a major mainstream drug, not some of your so called PED's which do not have significant research and trials etc carried out.

Best to stay clear altogether and only use med's when you actually have something wrong that needs to be treated.
15 June 2014, 13:23,
A couple of eggs for breakfast and a decent cup of coffee. Keeps me going in the woods till lunchtime or beyond.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.