Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grey Water Useage
16 June 2014, 15:58,
Grey Water Useage
Have you thought about use of Grey Water and if so, how are you planning to implement it?

Grey Water is the water that has already been used for one purpose, but would not be suitable for reuse as drinking water or washing water.

For example, let's say that you have had a shower and are nice and clean. That water would be referred to as grey water. You wouldn't drink it, but it would be fine to use to flush the toilet.

Same with washing up water, not good for a refreshing base for orange juice, but more then satisfactory to run through a grease filter (a degreaser) and then water the plants.

There is also Black water, think toilet water. Where it's not going to be used unless in a cespit.

Is Greywater something you plan to utilise?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
16 June 2014, 16:28,
RE: Grey Water Useage
I have done pal ,shower water for the toilet ,but I found the water would go off in the summer and start to smell
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
16 June 2014, 16:43,
use it to water the garden.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 March 2022, 21:43,
Hi I use grey water at home now with a simple system I designed. We keep all the bath and shower water. I have a auduino linked to several sensors and motors. The water is pumped and filtered into a huge container in a cupboard on my landing. I add chlorine and every time someone flushes the toilet the system pumps it to the toilets basin. If there is no water then it automatically reverts to mains. Why? You pay for fresh water and waste. We’re saving a fortune as our bathing water is ample for the days toilet usage. I’d be more than happy to share the design and code for anyone interested.
30 March 2022, 10:51,
Beatlejuice,

I'd be interested. Currently looking at using Pi's and other micros for various purposes.

Do you have it in a PDF or zip file so I can put it on the files site?

Anything else of interest?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 March 2022, 11:34,
Skean Dhude. Currently not wrote but as you asked I will draw up into pdf. The code is in c++ anyone with the software can easily use it. I’ll get on it and email it to you.
24 August 2022, 20:35,
(29 March 2022, 21:43)Beatlejuice Wrote: Hi I use grey water at home now with a simple system I designed. We keep all the bath and shower water. I have a auduino linked to several sensors and motors. The water is pumped and filtered into a huge container in a cupboard on my landing. I add chlorine and every time someone flushes the toilet the system pumps it to the toilets basin. If there is no water then it automatically reverts to mains. Why? You pay for fresh water and waste. We’re saving a fortune as our bathing water is ample for the days toilet usage. I’d be more than happy to share the design and code for anyone interested.

Over the last few weeks we have been using as much of our grey water as we can for watering OH’s plant tubs, veg’s and fruit bushes are watered from the waterbutts or the tap. If there is a mains water shortage or rationing, grey water will be used for flushing the toilet, as a last resort we have the pool.