Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC oil and gas and coal will run out in 5 yrs
21 May 2014, 14:36,
RE: BBC oil and gas and coal will run out in 5 yrs
got a box full of torches, about 5 candle lanterns..picked up a pack of candles for them the other day, about 4 lantern torches that use the big batteries,and various other bits and pieces.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 May 2014, 15:05,
Regarding the Chinese and their cars - when I first visited China in the late nineties, private cars made up less than 10% of all vehicles on the roads. Over the past decade of so that I've been living here, the figure has been steadily increasing, with many families now getting to the point of wanting two cars. However, grid lock, smog and lack of parking have got so bad that many cities are now restricting access to license plates. In Shanghai they auction the plates, with them going for tens or even hundreds of thousands of pounds.

This is only the big city though. In the smaller cities and countryside you don't see so many cars, however I'm sure that they will take off pretty quickly, just as you now see peasants in from the boonies with smart phones, whereas a few years back they wouldn't have any mobile phone at all.

If India ever sees the growth that China has been having (poverty levels have been substantially lowered in a couple of decades), I imagine that the price of oil will skyrocket. Then again, when the oil price skyrockets, more money can be made and then pumped into exploration and development, thereby meaning that more can be provided.
21 May 2014, 15:10,
it was noted as long ago as 2009 that China's demand for oil had gone up by 50% and India's had gone up by one third(compared to when I'm not sure but it goes to show they are both using more).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 May 2014, 12:43,
the oil spill off the us coast a few years back , i beleve bp[no not him] were drilling on the sea bed wich was 2 miles under the sea in the 1st place, wow thats sum tec know how and showing just how far they are awilling to look.
Survive the jive (youtube )
23 May 2014, 10:08,
Speaking to a few guys recently,

specifically north sea, there are reserves in the north sea that haven't yet been tapped that could keep us going for well in excess of this guestimate.

the issue is cost, they are extracting the easy reserves first, and keeping the deeper, harder to extract parts for much much later.

The deepwater Horizon disaster was at a very deep level, a few things went wrong, the biggest being the wellhead wasnt't cemented and/or tested properly, and the blowout preventer didn't sever the drill pipe,
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
23 May 2014, 12:30,
the bbc are respected worldwide so how can it issue 2 reports on the same subject saying almost totally different things.

someones right/wrong or the truth is probally more like nobdy really knows its guess work.
Survive the jive (youtube )
23 May 2014, 13:14,
And then of course will still have:

http://news.sky.com/story/1267301/fracki...-oil-in-uk
23 May 2014, 13:21,
thank goodness Devon is not suitable for fracking!!! always knew there was a good reason for coming home(actually there were several reasons!!).