Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Smaller Scale Issues are you Prepping for?
22 May 2014, 18:09,
RE: What Smaller Scale Issues are you Prepping for?
The best education in my life was being out of work for a year, when the economy crashed in 1987, moving 1000 miles, living in my car, and making a major career change. I survived that, if the marriage did not, managed a second career to retire debt free with a modest pension and a few rural acres "outside the moderate damage radius". Hurricanes, ice storms, power outages up to two Weeks, are par for the course. Anything short of government sanctioned genocide is normal. Life isn't fair, so get over it. Keep buggering on!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
22 May 2014, 19:54,
It is just keeping things moving while events are happening around us. This time of year I start eyeing up our wood stocks for winter; planting greens for winter food. Don't we all have one ear cocked on the news to make sure no hint of trouble is missed? I spotted cheap candles the other day - I'm going back this weekend to stock up. I just want to make sure that I don't miss any warning signs on impending problems.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
23 May 2014, 01:22,
(22 May 2014, 17:48)Jonas Wrote: Our six kids, their spouses, and all the grandkids showing up on our front door 3 hours after the SHTF... I'm stocking up on extra ammunition! Big Grin

That's a bit of an ambiguous comment Jonas.

You planning to use it to keep them away, equip them, or make them leave?

Big Grin
23 May 2014, 06:24,
For me and mine it is all about the smaller issues so called. I have not been able to really embrace the end or the whirling blades attitude although I do accept that if you can think about it then there just might be a possibility that an extreme thing might happen. Just being aware of the fact that in reality one is on ones' own no matter what when it comes down to the wire is a sobering thought.
So, power cuts, food supply interrupts, cash flow probs, transport issues, health, security, communications. All of the above relative to my family unit.
23 May 2014, 11:05,
That makes sense iaaems. I regularly question the idea of a full collapse, but if I'm able to deal with a massive situation, the smaller ones will be almost non-event.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
23 May 2014, 11:16,
most of the smaller events are what I call "real life" and most of us have already dealt with them several times over during our lifetimes, which is why I am planning for the large events as the smaller ones are almost irrelevant as I lived through them before and will again.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 May 2014, 12:49,
so in the last 1000yrs nothing big has happned in the uk or the uas.

ww1
ww2
us civle war
english civle war
the black death
1930s crash in usa and uk.
prince chaz telling a granny putins is like adolf hitler... ww3 Tongue
Survive the jive (youtube )
23 May 2014, 12:51,
apart from the last one, its a case of "not in our lifetimes" , even WW2 was 70 years ago and was too early even for me!!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.