Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking Inventory?
29 May 2014, 17:52,
RE: Taking Inventory?
(28 May 2014, 11:54)Mortblanc Wrote: I have preps of several different kinds in several different places.

The contents of those caches do not need to be recorded anywhere but in my mind for legal, moral, ethical reasons, not to mention good common sense.

Anything that is written down or recorded on computer can be recovered and used against you or to seize your goods. If you are using computer spread sheets they are probably already compromised. If you use off site computer security, backup or storage that is a guarantee.

Ditto Mortblanc.

Having stores too accessible proved a disaster as various people just considered them an extended larder, using whatever caught their interest and not recording what they'd used..... Coffee and Tinned tuna were the most annoying items that continually disappeared without trace.

Now the larder is for normal everyday use, but I still get annoyed when its raided without telling what's been consumed.

Preps are sealed and stashed in places of greater safety.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

30 May 2014, 16:53,
Well, I've just had to laugh at myself. I have done the monthly turnaround to add a few more bits..... I can safely say I have enough tinned Cod Roe to feed a small Army, but not nearly enough M&S Rice pudding for their dessert. *Note to self* visit M&S next week.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
31 May 2014, 11:55,
Hi all, I'm not as organised as I should be, but I'm getting better, and have started to rotate tins, I will hand write an inventry not, do it on computer now!
31 May 2014, 14:30,
I have found one tip with tins is to write the BBE date on the lid in permanent marker IN BIG LETTERS so I can read it without me glasses.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart