Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pet dogs turn into wild dogs.
31 May 2014, 15:25,
RE: pet dogs turn into wild dogs.
Our Rabies-free status is still intact, BTW.

Sailing away, not close to the wind.Heart
2 June 2014, 06:30,
(31 May 2014, 09:04)bigpaul Wrote: was having a similar conversation with the wife when walking our terrier this morning. as soon as TSHTF and there are loose dogs about I'm getting hold of a lurcher and a spaniel before they go feral.

Interesting. Why a Spaniel BP?
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

2 June 2014, 08:47,
(2 June 2014, 06:30)Lightspeed Wrote:
(31 May 2014, 09:04)bigpaul Wrote: was having a similar conversation with the wife when walking our terrier this morning. as soon as TSHTF and there are loose dogs about I'm getting hold of a lurcher and a spaniel before they go feral.

Interesting. Why a Spaniel BP?

well if not a spaniel some kind of retriever then.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 June 2014, 06:18,
BP That wasn't a negative question from me.

Our dog is a Spaniel. You've been doing this preparedness thing a lot longer than me and I was interested to find out if the breed has some particular capabilities that are useful in possible future scenarios.

For sure they are not just the cuddly floppy eared comedians they appear. Particularly the ginger ones ( like ours) have a justified reputation for aggression.[/quote]
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

3 June 2014, 08:17,
had a spaniel X at one time, lovely dog nice temperament, not soppy like most spaniels.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 June 2014, 09:20,
The interesting thing about domesticated dogs is that we have essentially taken the wolf and sorted its genetics into a variety of categories (different modern dog breeds,) so if you had a big mixed group running around after SHTF, after a few generatios of mixing you would have a fairly average, capable hunter....
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
3 June 2014, 21:42,
(3 June 2014, 09:20)Tibbs735 Wrote: The interesting thing about domesticated dogs is that we have essentially taken the wolf and sorted its genetics into a variety of categories (different modern dog breeds,) so if you had a big mixed group running around after SHTF, after a few generatios of mixing you would have a fairly average, capable hunter....

Pretty much what Louis Dobermann did. He was the town tax collector and dog catcher. Fed up with being robbed he bred the biggest terriers he caught to make a dog that would protect him as he collected taxes. The breed was until recently known as the Dobermann Pincher Terrier, the "terrier" bit was dropped as it was felt inappropriate for a dog of this size.

I highly recommend them, a loyal, intelligent and protective dog that has a good visual deterrent as well as oustanding physical ability.

This is Max at 17 months old, now sadly gone, leaving us with a smaller bitch and an 11 month old dog who is shaping up well. He was quite a dog.

[Image: Maxat17months.jpg]
4 June 2014, 10:29,
Read a story today about a starved dog attacking an Oap

45 hours no food or water broke free and attacked cops after it was shot. Sad story
So to your original question not long especially in the hot weather
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

4 June 2014, 12:24,
25ys ago ish i used to go to stonehenge festival at its peak 50,000 people went with no folk in charge except the peace convoy.
when their lots of folk brought their dogs and some just let them run wild these dogs quickly formed packs running around together going through rubbish ect attcking other dogs ect it was a problem after a week or so the peace convoy put up sighns.

keep your dogs under control, that took just over a week.
Survive the jive (youtube )