Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solid Security vs Stealth Sneaky
1 June 2014, 18:08,
RE: Solid Security vs Stealth Sneaky
(1 June 2014, 17:11)Mortblanc Wrote: In the post event world all of you seem to crave there will be no structure that goes unsearched, no matter how "worthless" it appears.

Every nook and cranny on your island will be poked and prodded and every drawer in every dresser dumped for any possible usable item.

Every basement and attic and every room in between will be explored, and when they get to your place??

Well good luck with that "gray man" thing.

Nobody in their right mind "craves" the collapse. The "grey man" strategy is a perfectly valid one for surviving the early stages of collapse.

If you have any better ideas, I'd love to hear them.
1 June 2014, 19:16,
No need, it's all here already. Between here and the scenarios section you will find the same topic hashed over under different labels 5 times in the past 60 days.

Some want to hide, some want to harden, some want to run and other want to stand. Some think they can talk their way out of anything and others have had their butts whipped a few times in life and know better.

If you do not believe there are several here that are craving a full collapse of the social structure just hang around and pay closer attention. We have folks that have already set up toll booths on the billy-goat bridge.
1 June 2014, 20:05, (This post was last modified: 1 June 2014, 20:13 by Midnitemo.)
colombus didn't have a map and look what he found!

I believe the "grey man" will work up to a point say perhaps a month or two but as desperation and shortages increase everywhere will get scrutinised eventually and there will come a time when you either have to give up your bug in and move on or run your colours up the pole set your jaw and tough it out.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
1 June 2014, 21:33,
(1 June 2014, 19:16)Mortblanc Wrote: If you do not believe there are several here that are craving a full collapse of the social structure just hang around and pay closer attention. We have folks that have already set up toll booths on the billy-goat bridge.

I did write that nobody "in their right mind" craves collapse, I didn't write that everyone here is in their right mind. You, however, wrote that we all crave it, and of course we don't.

Yes, things do get repeated a lot here, but maybe repetition means refinement, a little bit added each time as people get more time to think on them.

Personally, I hope things roll on just fine. I have two kids and nearly two grand-kids ( 4 weeks to go ), so a stable happy UK is heaven to me. However, if the UK does go tits up, my kids can come to my place and we will have a good chance of a good life.

I think most people on here feel the same way.

I'll leave it now, I respect you and don't want to get into an argument about trivial matters.
1 June 2014, 23:48,
Yeah agree with Steve again.....if I was really convinced that the world was screwed right now or in the very short foreseable I'd stop paying into my pension and start spending the cash on prepping right now , I have to hope that the world will continue to function as is for the sake of me and mine.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
2 June 2014, 09:06,
(1 June 2014, 19:16)Mortblanc Wrote: If you do not believe there are several here that are craving a full collapse of the social structure just hang around and pay closer attention. We have folks that have already set up toll booths on the billy-goat bridge.
isn't it amazing after all these years that there are still people out there professing to be preppers who still don't get it? just because it isn't in their remit or they don't believe it will happen dosent make people who do wrong.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 June 2014, 17:07,
What are the odds?

I've looked at lots of scenarios and just when I think it's about to happen, it doesn't.

If I was to lick my finger and put it into the wind (as accurate as anything anyone else has come up with), I would guess around a 25 - 30% chance of serious TU event. (YMMV)

In that scenario I'm going for the grey woman approach. Softly Softly. Security film on windows not shutters. Bars on the inside of doors not steel outers etc.

If (and only if) it looks like things are really falling apart or my personal analysis goes to 50 - 70% then I'll start getting a bit more serious.

If it gets beyond that, then I'll get my weapons and guard my stash of Harveys Bristol cream with my life!

Oh! BTW! It's good to be back.

Allons-y