Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Graphic Content Warning
30 May 2014, 12:43,
Forum Graphic Content Warning
Hello everyone.

I'm looking to do some stuff about killing, gutting, skinning, and butchering rabbits. However, I think it would be good to have a warning for graphic content, as there are people whom have a more delicate disposition than others.

So, firstly, would you have an issue with 'graphic content' posts?

Secondly, would you want a "Graphic Content. Do not read if you are easily offended." style screen?

The kinds of pictures, as a very simple example, would be rabbits killed, gutted, skinned, head removed (for the skinning process), butchering the animal, and maybe even a cooking thread, so from pellet to pot...sort of threads.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
30 May 2014, 12:52,
RE: Forum Graphic Content Warning
No problems here, but like you say it may be worth some big bold red text at the start of such threads to warn others as there are many visitors/guests who also browse the forums.
30 May 2014, 13:05,
also NSFW in the thread title so people who view at work won't get in trouble Smile
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
30 May 2014, 13:11,
(30 May 2014, 13:05)Binnie Wrote: also NSFW in the thread title so people who view at work won't get in trouble Smile

NSFW?

Not Suitable For Wan....oh WORK!!! I get it!!! Silly me, haha.

That's a good idea mate, but could be a little confusing for newer members.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
30 May 2014, 14:02,
no problems here.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 May 2014, 15:30,
all good here
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
31 May 2014, 12:06,
their are 3 how two threads in the bush craft section already, covering skinning , gutting two very good ones by highlander , the one where he skins a deer for dog food is one of the best i have ever seen.
Survive the jive (youtube )
7 June 2014, 06:24,
Really don't see any need for a warning. You're talking about a natural process that we may all have to be part of.

I don't recall any words of warning when HL demonstrated skinning and butchering deer for his dogs'' supper...

7 June 2014, 14:14,
s13 , i hope you do the cooking part of your idea , cooking outdoors on an open fire cannot be eazy, makeing something tasty and good for you is a cverlooked skill.

you could then become this sites , ainsley harriot on outdoor cooking...Tongue
Survive the jive (youtube )
10 June 2014, 13:57,
You could agree a flag to identify graphics that need warning but not everyone would recognise that. It would hardly be a standard and thus the only way is to mark it such in the subject line. NSFW is a standard and recognised warning but if you want to be 100% then 'Warning Graphic Images' will make it plain. Up to the writer of the article. However not a lot can be done for images posted after a post is in play. So someone asks for what you done today and then someone posts a reply with a picky of a disassembled rabbit. Not going to get much warning of that.

Personally I'm not bothered but I would say if you are writing an article then put it on the main site.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin