Poll: Do you think the government will confiscate your supplies?
Never happen
Only under certain circumstances like Martial Law
Will be on their contingency plans
Not the government but an agency with access to the data
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the chances of confiscation by the government?
30 September 2011, 22:20,
RE: What are the chances of confiscation by the government?
It would seem to me that 'anything is possible' with regard to what our ruling class might do. In my opinion, for what it might be worth as a newcomer, it is very advisable to work within the framework laid down and to keep a very low profile and go about ones daily life in a 'normal' fashion. It would appear that this gives any individual of moderate intelligence and ability more than enough scope to achieve what they set out to do. In the recent riots book shops were not raided by anyone - become a bookshop, be of no interest to anyone, keep your head down and just get on with getting on. No intended disrespect to book shop owners - you do a fine job - keep up the good work!!
30 September 2011, 22:35,
be the gray man
to win the war, you must be willing to die
24 October 2011, 10:19,
this is why i'm not on any gun register. as for food i dont advertise that i have food stocks, so there should be no reason for anyone to come banging on my door, i live in social housing on a housing estate, i would have thought this is the last place they would look for food supplies, most people live from week to week.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 October 2011, 11:13,
I remember from the old but still in place Emergency Powers acts and War Laws that the govt has in place plans to sieze any and all food and fuel supplies they deem would be better off redistributed among the masses. Thats why everyone I know has multiple caches as well as their own stockpiles so the govt can never get all your gear.

On one hand it benefits the govt like the US has done to encourage people to stockpile their own supplies and materiels, it saves the govt Billions in not having to keep stocks itself. But on the other hand if they need or want to redistrubute food from the haves ( preppers) to the have nots (sheeple) then those who spent their own time , effort and money are likely to be in trouble if the plods or military arrive at your door to sieze your stuff.
24 October 2011, 11:26,
The fact that we use survival forums opens us wide to this.
24 October 2011, 12:59,
TPTB have their own food stockpiles-their called supermarkets!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 October 2011, 13:25,
To a certain degree you are very right, but as survivalists and preppers we need access to intel and info from others like us across the UK and further afield, we need to constantly expand our knowledge bases, so we have to use forums, buy books etc. We counter the threat of confiscation or siezure by CACHING and STOCKPILING food, fuel, medical supplies, tools and other logistics in multiple locations. So if or should the authorities find time to track us down during a societal collapse they will only uncover very limited amounts of stuff. Never put all your eggs in one basket is an important to Brits and Gray Man tactics and not living in a city.Smile

(24 October 2011, 11:26)sc1 Wrote: The fact that we use survival forums opens us wide to this.

24 October 2011, 14:19, (This post was last modified: 24 October 2011, 14:26 by bigpaul.)
[quote='NorthernRaider' pid='965' dateline='1319459153']
To a certain degree you are very right, but as survivalists and preppers we need access to intel and info from others like us across the UK and further afield, we need to constantly expand our knowledge bases, so we have to use forums, buy books etc. We counter the threat of confiscation or siezure by CACHING and STOCKPILING food, fuel, medical supplies, tools and other logistics in multiple locations. So if or should the authorities find time to track us down during a societal collapse they will only uncover very limited amounts of stuff. Never put all your eggs in one basket is an important to Brits and Gray Man tactics and not living in a city.Smile
as always, my friend, you are so right! i'm just wondering if TPTB will have enough man power to go from door to door inspecting peoples larders, the recent city riots showed just how unprepared the Police were, i dont think the Army would fare much better(although they would be better armed) due to all the soldiers they are making redundant, and dont get me started on Councils, our local area council couldnt find its backside with both hands!

(previous post disappeared into the ether-now as i was saying): as always you are so right, my friend, i just wander if TPTB would have enough manpower available to undertake a house to house search of every ones larder, the recent city riots showed just how unready the police forces are, the Army wouldnt fare much better due to all the soldiers being made redundant, and dont get me started on councils our local council couldnt organise a chimps teaparty.
14 November 2011, 13:31, (This post was last modified: 14 November 2011, 13:33 by mikebratcher69.)
The police have quite a stash of confiscated weapons ammo handed in after the dunblane episode etc...
The local police in manchester used to do live fire training exercises about a hundred yards from a housing estate, and in the process actualy managed to kill one of their own.
smacks of little or no weapons training.
They will have no hesitation I'm sure in arming every single police person should shtf from their vast stockpiles.
watch out for gun toting pcso's with zero training and a big attitude to match.
when I left the army, I joined the T.A. we wernt even allowed off base with a weapon in case we scared joe public...
yet police routinely patrol our streets armed.
Ask yourself why they can be armed, yet a soldier defending his country in reciept of vast ammounts of firearms training, cant be trusted with a weapon let alone ammo as well.
I'd also like to say that I'm not anti police in any way shape or form, it just seems to be a strange situation.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
14 November 2011, 13:46,
I find it amazing that a Cop, Mod Plod or Soldier or CP Officer is deemed perfectly capable of carrying around a loaded gun all day at work, but the second they go off duty they are instantly deemed unfit to own a gun at home for self defence , just like the rest of us.

But then again we all know the UKs gun control laws have nothing to do with preventing crime and everything to do with stopping any sort of revolution.

The govt these days can not even just claim that a person owning a gun for self defence is " Not Just Cause" ever since they let Mcguiness, Adams and Co own guns for exactly that reason