Poll: Do you think your balance is right?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think your balance is right?
28 September 2016, 19:43,
RE: Do you think your balance is right?
Yes but we can buy you a cane and you will not fall over!

I have reached the point in life where the determining survival factor is my own age and the stockpile of meds.

It will do me no good to have 50 years of food in stock if I only have a one year supply of life sustaining meds.

And it will do me no good to have 50 years worth of meds when I can only have another decade of expected life span even under normal conditions with adequate health care.

You have to face reality at some point. Bad harvest, bad battle, WMD set off in your hip pocket, bad winter, bad storm under too many trees,,, You are going to eventually die and there is not one thing you can do about it.

One of the things people see as weird about preppers is that often they have not accepted that fate and can not imagine a world without them in it.
29 September 2016, 08:17,
I think we a are doing alright. Every year I grow better food. I have a good amount of stored food but my water is a little lacking. I've got a decent amount of medical and my wife and I are in the best shape of our lives
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

29 September 2016, 10:46,
I've changed my mind. I don't think I have the right balance. I believe I am OK on food, water and equipment. I have a good set of medical kit but as I have no idea what will happen I have gone overboard with some items, probably the wrong ones. Plus what I am short of and still need is restricted in this mickey mouse country so I can't buy it. The final area I believe I am short in is my ability to defend myself and my family. Again due to our mickey mouse laws.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
29 September 2016, 18:46,
TBH SD all of us could say the same as you ...i could....BUT at the very least WE should fair better than millions of other none prepared sheeple .....to cover ALL aspects of preparedness is simply not possible...at least not for me ........age is just one example i could offer up....but it does not hold me back ....all we need do is ...our best .. and if that's not enough that's just to bad, but that is all WE all have...its not a fault its just life .....so what ever you have or means to get hold of that will have to do....what ever you lack.....learn about....NOW !
29 September 2016, 23:17,
As to the legal restrictions on the defensive measures you have noted, are you actually taking advantage of the things you are allowed to do?

I have found that among this group there is a hesitation to do even what is allowed legally, then complain because their preps have a big hole, or try to compensate with a second rate solution.
30 September 2016, 01:21,
MB is correct. While getting used to the cane which you bought, so that you will not fall over, you should practice with it for use as a standoff deterrent or an impact weapon. An air rifle is fine, but a simple home-made catapult which you can carry in your pocket, and use any available roundish stone, so as never to run out of ammunition, is priceless. Equally useful is a pair of sturdy, bamboo chopsticks and a plastic MRE spoon, which go through metal detectors without notice, but in the hands of a vigilant, resolute and determined user, can be deadly improvised weapons.

A combat incident which place at the Haditha Dam in Iraq...."A small group of rangers were ordered to clear a building... unaware that roughly four hostile combatants wait inside. The rangers stack the door, reach to breach. As they breach and enter the building, they are met with an exchange of gunfire. Without hesitation, they return fire, killing all but one enemy combatant.

Although one enemy fighter remained alive, it took a few moments for the rangers to realize the hostile was attempting to pull the pin on a live, handheld grenade. Being only feet away, our ranger buddy’s instincts and training took over. He rushed the enemy, immediately engaging in hand to hand combat....this ranger can’t seem to get to his knife due to his body armour and all of his gear being in the way...reaches for the first solid object he could get his hands on; an MRE spoon!

After grabbing the spoon, he began stabbing the enemy in the neck until he was dead."

This Ranger’s actions saved the lives of several other men that day.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA