Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extra Stretch
1 June 2014, 15:11,
Extra Stretch
Just a really quick check to see if anyone can recommend some hard wearing outdoors style trousers that are extra flexible around the upper thigh and groin area. Simple reason. When hunting yesterday, I hopped over a barbed wire fence and it ripped the crotch on my trousers.

The main issue is that I have large thighs and good flexibility in my hips, so I want trousers that can hold up to what I want from them.

I'm looking at sewing a section of lycra into the crotch area, same as MMA shorts have.

Any companies that make good flexibility trousers would be much appreciated.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
1 June 2014, 15:36,
RE: Extra Stretch
If you want flexibility then the Crag Hoppers Kiwi Stretch trousers are brilliant:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Craghoppers-Mens...B00C6D4I9I

But they are not necessary tough and would probably easily rip/snag on barbed wire/brambles etc.

On the toughness side, I have just order (but not received yet) a pair of these which they claim are a heavy canvas material (the big pockets on the waist are detachable):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IE...UTF8&psc=1
1 June 2014, 16:23,
I have fairly large thighs too. I find 5.11 Stryke really comfortable and have the stretch.
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

1 June 2014, 19:58,
I go for baggy rather than stretchy...rather catch a bit of fabric on the barbs than my nads Big Grin
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
1 June 2014, 20:25,
(1 June 2014, 19:58)Midnitemo Wrote: I go for baggy rather than stretchy...rather catch a bit of fabric on the barbs than my nads Big Grin

Same here. I alway go baggy, just for the thigh thing, but I'm currently going with 40inch waist sizes to get baggy enough for the thighs, and there's still plenty of crotch ripping going on.

Think, tough trousers that would be suitable for yoga! That kind of flexibility.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin