Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bill hook a good alround survival tool ?
4 June 2014, 12:51,
bill hook a good alround survival tool ?
bill hook good survival tool , cheap , strong , many uses.
what do you think...?

Survive the jive (youtube )
4 June 2014, 13:43,
RE: bill hook a good alround survival tool ?
Personally, I've never really liked the bill hooks, but I know many people do. I'd always select an axe/hatchet before a bill hook and they have the benefit of also acting as a hammer.
4 June 2014, 13:50,
bill hook is a bit heavy to lug about if you are moving from place to place, I think I'd prefer a machete.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 June 2014, 17:15,
I tend to find bill hooks a bit numb much prefer to have a good axe.
4 June 2014, 19:49,
Great piece of kit in the garden - just have to be careful you don't backhand it into your leg!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
22 December 2014, 05:08,
A Fiscars Woodzig pruning saw used by arborists, which is coarse toothed ans which can be sharpened with a chain saw file, a good axe, splitting maul, froe, a Peevey for turning and moving logs, six iron wedges, a sledge hammer, chain hoist, and a two-man crosscut saw, pick-mattock, iron rake, hoe and a good shovel. Then a Leatherman Super tool in tour pocket, and a K-bar on your hip.

Shotgun, revolver and. 22 rifle, if able.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
22 December 2014, 07:11,
billhooks take some getting used too, but once you do they can save you time ,one tool doing the job of 2 or 3 you don't have to stop to swap tools . but saying that i would not be my choice to fell a tree or do heavy work ! they are ideal for small jobs coppicing and hedge laying so i would think they would be a good camp tool for building shelter and camp fire work .
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/
25 December 2014, 17:10,
Seems it has been a while since we did a billhook thread. I thought it was more recent but It seems the last one was long ago.

Good tools but not "stand alone" equipment by any means. One still needs a small blade for crafts and food prep and a heavy cutting tool for chopping and splitting big wood.

or you can equip it with a long pole for a handle and use it to snatch knights off their horses.
26 December 2014, 02:26,
Attach a large sponge to the free end.of the handle and you can wipe the bore of your four pounder cannon or wash windows too!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
3 January 2015, 20:36,
I think a small one would make a good general camp tool.

http://www.theluddite.com/handbills.jpg
Survive the jive (youtube )