Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting use of technology
5 June 2014, 16:35,
Interesting use of technology
Until now I've always thought of wearable technology (Google glasses; Samsung Gear etc) as just a gimmick, but the following new story got me thinking about how many other ways this could potentially be used for our benefit when prepping or even after an event.

http://news.sky.com/story/1276200/gun-co...ogle-glass

So the above story shows how it could be used for security (shooting around corners) or for real stealth hunting.

Another use I was thinking about was possibly linking in the image from CCTV camera with the Google Glasses, so you could perhaps see in real time, whilst moving around, what is happening on the other side of your property for example - great if you are trying to avoid or track down intruders.....

So what else can you see as being viable solutions?
5 June 2014, 21:25,
RE: Interesting use of technology
These are OK when you are have support to move around. They are disorientating if you were to watch video from somewhere else whilst you were moving around. The example shown is one where it would be handy though. I bet Google ain't pleased that a gun owner is using their tool.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 June 2014, 07:17,
RE: Interesting use of technology
Expand the display to include how much ammo you have left, a real-time map and where the other members of your unit are and war becomes one step closer to a computer game.

I wish they would spend less time on this and more time figuring out how to provide fresh water.