Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Sit X.
13 June 2014, 18:37,
RE: Post Sit X.
Jace,

As BP rightly wrote, its always a "waste of time and money" UNTIL some emergency happens.

Just do what you need to do mate. One day your family will thank you.

Last year my wife and kids had no end of amusement poking fun at the water storage and water storage systems I was installing here..... The last laugh was on them though. In May of this year we had a big birthday bash, with a good number of friends and relatives invited... at 10 in the morning of the big day, the water was cut without any warning. What saved the day, well that would be the huge backup reserve of drinking water that just happened to be at hand. Preparedness is starting to make sense even to the more rebellious younger members of the family:-)
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

9 March 2017, 13:50,
I see the biggest problem for the hordes coming out of towns and cities to search the countryside for food,is that they won't bring any safe water with them,or the ability to clean dirty water.
They will drink contaminated water and soon become ill,maybe just the trots or any of the more serious water bourn diseases.
9 March 2017, 16:34,
Agreed Phil.

And just getting a dodgy tummy will slow their progress. They might have the trots, but trotting is the last thing they'll be doing.

This goes to support the idea of setting up a safe haven far enough away from main population centres, that the golden hoards will peter out before they reach it.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

10 March 2017, 18:41,
(9 March 2017, 16:34)Lightspeed Wrote: Agreed Phil.

And just getting a dodgy tummy will slow their progress. They might have the trots, but trotting is the last thing they'll be doing.

This goes to support the idea of setting up a safe haven far enough away from main population centres, that the golden hoards will peter out before they reach it.
yes sums up the thinking of us yokel locals.
even if they leave the cities, which I doubt-not in time anyway- just where are they going? they'll be dead before they get very far, from starvation, bad water, or violence along the way, or all three.
most likely in the UK they will be dead long before they even think of leaving.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.