• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UK Gov Perceptions on Major Risks
30 June 2014, 18:22,
UK Gov Perceptions on Major Risks
You may or may not find this interesting reading:

https://www.gov.uk/government/collection...mergencies
2 July 2014, 21:55,
RE: UK Gov Perceptions on Major Risks
Interesting reading. I note that severe disruption to the financial system is curiously absent.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
2 July 2014, 23:01,
(2 July 2014, 21:55)Tarrel Wrote: I note that severe disruption to the financial system is curiously absent.

Yes, and the number of risks identified/considered is fairly small, but it's interesting to see how government views them. I thought the level of risks being attributed to 'Space Weather' really highlighted the uncertainty in this area.
2 July 2014, 23:56,
A somewhat dated, but still excellent article from the Washington Post, which describes the development of National Planning Scenarios in the US:

http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/n...il2005.pdf

The 2010 edition of the 15 National Planning Scenarios is available from Google as an Ebook.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
8 July 2014, 14:52,
I get email updates from various departments of various govts around the world as part of my work.

As part of this, both the US FDA (Food & Drug Administration) and ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms) sent emails last week, urging recipients to be prepared for Hurricane Arthur that was threatening the coast.

The interesting thing was difference between the two - the FDA was saying to have plenty of meds on hand in case of shortages if there was an emergency, whereas the ATF was asking firearm suppliers to transfer their inventory to local armories so that they wouldn't be stolen in case of an emergency.

I wonder what other varying advice has been drawn up depending on who is receiving the emails?