Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
folding saw
1 July 2014, 11:33,
folding saw
if anyone is interested, Tesco's have folding saws for the princely sum of £2.80 ! picked up 1 for my stores got about 4 now.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 July 2014, 12:11,
RE: folding saw
Thanks BP.

What kind of quality are they? I can't assume they're particularly sturdy. More interested in the quality of the blade.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
1 July 2014, 12:30,
ita a big lump of a thing! certainly good enough to remove a branch or two in an emergency, anything more than that I'd use a bow saw or a chain saw.i mean for £2.80 you cant loose. Details: triple tooth blade, carbon steel, 7inch blade length, 9inches when folded.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 July 2014, 13:41,
For years I have used the Fiskars 10 Inch POWER TOOTH Folding Saw (7947), which can be sharpened with a chain saw file.
The coarser teeth do not load up with sap or pitch or foul with sawdust. Mine is 30 years old and was made in Finland. I do not know if they still are, but I was so impressed on using one when I lived in New Hampshire, that I bought several and have one in each vehicle and emergency kit. They are inexpensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Fiskars-Inch-POWER...roduct_top

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
1 July 2014, 18:57,
I have owned several of those devices and can't say I have ever found much practical use for them.
1 July 2014, 20:11,
I used a wilko's folding saw to completely remove all the branches then chop the trunk of a 30ft conifer down to a 4ft stump & it managed no bother & no damage to the blade. They're great in my opinion, much better than a bow saw.
1 July 2014, 23:07,
I use a Silky Fox Zubat saw, on small branches it's as fast as a chainsaw. People who haven't used one won't believe that, but it's true. I have a couple of chainsaws to compare it to.
2 July 2014, 22:00,
I use mine (a Bahco "Laplander") nearly every day. Good tip from CH about the Fiskars one being sharpened with a chain saw file. I'll look into that.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
3 July 2014, 08:35,
I carry and use a folding saw like this on a daily basis, wouldn't be with out it.
3 July 2014, 08:43,
exactly, I carry one in the car at all times-you never know when we might need one, came down a back country lane last sunday, tree down across the road, in another time I could have cut this up with the saw and removed it but this time I had enough room to back up and go another way, but could have been that there wasn't another way so would have had no option but to remove the tree and go forward.